TerraFin Station - reviews only please

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Two BIG Thumbs up for Terrafin Station! DH & I went tonight with a couple of friends and the food and service were great! DH got the Ahi Tuna and loved it, I got a "special request" they serve a blackened salmon with pasta in a spicy alfredo sauce, but I dont like salmon so I asked the waitress if I could substitute shrimp instead of salmon. They did and it was delicious! Friends got the Black and Blue pasta dish and the grilled salmon and loved it. I did not get our waitresses name but she was very nice and kept checking on us to see if we needed tea refills and if everything was OK. We will definately be back, there were several things on the menu I want to try.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

DH and I went to Terrafin Friday night.

He had the ribeye steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli. He said the steak was perfect. I don't eat steak, but he likes his medium rare and said he can't remember the last time he actually got a steak cooked that well.

I tasted his potatoes, and they were awesome.

I had the lobster and shrimp mac & cheese, which is a penne pasta with a 5 cheese sauce. The portion was huge and it was served with a side of hard crusty bread. It was fabulous! The pasta wasn't overdone, and the sauce was plentiful.

We both had a side salad with our meals. The side salads are huge, with all the extras (cukes, cheese, tomatoes, etc) and they are only $2 to add to a meal.

We both had two drinks. He had two Tequila Sunrises, which were served in the tall glass and were only $5 each. I had a glass of White Zin ($4) and a Key Lime Pie martini ($6). It was okay, glad I tried it, probably wouldn't get it again.

Our total bill before tip was $65.

Now, we couldn't eat here every week, but for something special like our anniversary, it was perfect.

My ONLY complaint, and it's not really a complaint, but more like constructive criticisim, is that it seemed like every 3 minutes we had someone at our table asking us if everything was okay. Between the waiter, the hostess, and who I am guessing is the proprieter's wife, it started to get a little annoying.

I know they want to make sure everyone is happy, but I think after an initial visit from the waiter once food is served, and then perhaps a visit from the owners towards the very end, is just plenty.

We'll be back.

Oh, and by the way, it looks fabulous in there. Thank you so much for preserving the Old Drug Store painting. The last tenants all but ruined it with that ugly blue paint all around it, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see what you'd done with it.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just have to say that their Lobster & Shrimp Mac n' Cheese is so so so soooo good! The lobster was cooked just perfect and nice big chunks of it, the 5 cheese sauce was great.... loved the big slice of foccacia bread on the side to dip into the cheese sauce !! Had a side salad with it, nice sized for an extra $2 and their balsamic vinegar dressing is very good too!

DH had the Ceasar salad and added steak to it... he said it was really good, and again, the steak was cooked to his med. rare liking just perfect!

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ding ding ding, i think we have a winner of the restaurant that is going to last and become a part of our community:hurray::hurray::hurray:

5. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear its going so good there. Havent been yet but cant wait to try it out. Way to go Terrafin Station!

Chef Robbie

6. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

My wife and I went to Terrafin Station last night. Everything was perfect. We will be regulars.

7. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Here was my review from the other thread, I am so glad to hear the mac n cheese was really good, thats what I wanted but was too chicken to try it :) We will be back for sure!

We finally got by to try this place on Monday night on our way back home and were very impressed! I love what they have done with the place. I have eaten there pretty much everytime it has re-opened and this is by far the best remodel! It doesnt look thrown together, it is very nicely done & they installed new bathrooms (finally). The food was great, I had the tilapia, hubby had the scallops and both were wonderful! The only minor complaint was the shrimp cocktail we ordered for appetizer had a little shell left on some of the shrimp, and the ceasar salad had little to no flavor, neither were important enough to call our waitress over, Other than that it was great! My parents had a burger & bbq chix, both were good. The green beans were my fav! They were great! We will definitely be back, not regularly unfortunately b/c it is a little pricier than we typically spend, but we absolutely got what we paid for! The owners seemed incredibly nice & attentive. Good Luck Terrafin, so far they are miles above the other establishments that have been there previously.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

HAPPY HOUR!!!

Hey guys, gotta share this with ya - especially those that thought the prices were high. We went up yesterday evening to check out the happy hour listed on the sign and ended up eating our whole meal off the happy hour menu and it was good and inexpensive and it is for 7 days a week from 4pm - 6:30 pm. i asked for a copy so i could fill you all in and this is what is on it:
    Fish Taco (finally tried them - great)- $2
    Fried Boneless Wings - $2
    Cup of Clam Chowder or Chili - $2
    Lobster Shrimp Cake - $3
    Potato Skins - $3
    1/2 dozen wings $3
    Spinach, Artichoke & Crab Dip (this was really good) - $4
    Shrimp Cocktail w/5 jumbo shrimp - $4
    Stuffed Shrooms (they were awesome) - $5
    1/2 lb Cheeseburger (DH loved it) - $5
    There is a min beverage purchase of $3 required but that is all to get these great prices:hurray: Doesn't get much better than that and i was very happy to see them pretty busy on a Thursday evening, the dining room was pretty much full with people sitting at the bar eating too:cheers: i think we have a "keeper" here:hurray:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Crap, now I'm hungry and have no sitter lined up tonight. :lol: Looks GOOD!! What were the mushrooms stuffed with? DH loves some stuffed mushrooms.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

andouille, sweet peppers & onions & topped with Provalone, had never had them like that before and i love me some shrooms.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

take him with ya, i noticed several kids in there enjoying food & i think they have a kids menu too.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:ack: OK, I'll try something else then, LOL :jester::lol::lol::lol:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh yeah, i forgot you do not like peppers:lol::lol:

14. Crysta

Crysta Guest

So we went last night for dinner. I was pleasantly suprised that there was no wait for a table. I wish we had gotten there a little earlier to take advantage of the happy hour specials, but maybe we'll do that next time.

I got the sirloin and a salad, dh got lobster & shrimp mac 'n cheese (b/c I told him about all the great reviews about it here) and a bowl of NE clam chowder. He said the chowder was the best he's had down here and liked the mac 'n cheese, although he'd like to try something else next time. Had to send my steak back for more cooking, but otherwise it was good. Green beans were fresh, but they're very heavy handed with the butter so I was unable to finish them. Mashed potatoes were very good and salad was very good. With his beer and the tip, total came to $51. So for a relatively cheap dinner, I'll give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. We'll probably go back. My only complaints would be that there are not many non-seafood options on the menu and it is loud inside due to no acoustical dampening. Definitely worth a try if you like seafood. Next time I'm going to try the stuffed mushrooms. I'd be a bit more excited if they had a grilled chicken option without BBQ sauce.

15. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I think they should do Tuesday Nights half price Lobster Mac and Cheese. They will more than make up the loss in people buying other things as well.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I noticed when we went in this past week that it didn't seem as loud or echo so much as our first time there. They've just put up the window treatments and some rouching material along the crown molding to help absorb sound.

Thumbs up for G's idea on a half-price Lobster Mac n' Cheese night!! I'd be a frequent supporter!!!

I'll also have to try their Clam Chowder, I don't try it out very often because I make my own and am too critical of others.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

how hard would it be to ask for the grilled chicken without the bbq sauce? i have never been in any restaurant that was not willing to leave off a sauce so i am a bit confused by your last sentence?

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Kaci, I thought the same thing at first so I pulled back up their menu. The only thing I can think of is it does say that its also marinated in it. BUT to be sure they have some chicken in the restaurant that hasn't been marinated. I know that a lot of ppl will not ask for items not on the menu so this may be the case here as well. I'd give it a shot though! :)

19. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

They told me they can make special orders since most things are made fresh when you order them.

20. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I thought about doing that, but (1) I'm typically not the type of person that will ask for a special order item on the menu (other than something like no onions or dressing on the side), and (2) as much as I don't want BBQ sauce on my chicken, that doesn't mean I don't want some other type of seasoning. More importantly, what I was implying was that it would be great if they had a non-seafood offering that wasn't so high in calories. Like grilled chicken without the vegetables swimming in butter. I agree though, that I should probably stick with the types of restaurants that I'm more comfortable with, instead of asking for special order items or menu changes. I just had really high hopes of finding a nice place that we could go to a few times a month that isn't so far away. Either way, I've recommended them to a bunch of our friends and wish them the best with the new restaurant. It would be great to see them have great success and last for many years!!