Do you need a Class A DL to pull a trailer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 11, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

A trailer measuring about 7'x10' and for non commercial purposes?
    Thanks in advance!

2. AnnetteL

Is this still so or has it changed?

Quote:"The Class A license is the top rung of non-commercial licenses. It covers single-vehicle weight ranges and adds the provision for towing trailers heavier than 10,000 pounds. The DMV says a Class A license is: Required to operate any combination of vehicles exempt from commercial driver license (CDL) requirements with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is greater than 10,000 pounds. Also required for operating any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds, if the vehicle being towed has a GVWR of more than 10,000 pounds."

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well if you are brewing chemicals in the back you will need a hazmat endorsement on that CDL. 8)

4. AnnetteL

Ooops-too late,oh well :mrgreen:

5. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

HAHA, good one, I got tank and hazmat so I can transport your "product" lol:jester:

6. AnnetteL

will keep that in mind once "product" is ready :cheers:

7. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Dude, I allways Like to see what you have to say. You Never fail to impress me with your Wit.
    And Thanks again. I will never forget the Kindness that you and so many have shared with me.
    You all Rock.
    Thanks for being You. Hoof. :hurray: