!!! Is someone setting off fireworks tonight on Cleveland Rd ???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4ME2KNOW, Sep 11, 2010.

1. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

What the heck? Started at 9pm
    sounds pretty big.

2. ibleedbluee

ibleedbluee Active Member

wondering the same thing. i'm off josephine rd and it was quite boomy here. i was getting angry with neighbors till i walked outside and realized it sounded like fireworks.

3. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Same thing here on the Smithfield side of Cleveland Rd.

4. 4ME2KNOW

It sounded like a professional setup. My husband and I agree this is very distasteful on 911.....Really? Why would this be a good idea? I would like to know who was behind this!

5. youdontsay

youdontsay Active Member

We're off of Lee Road and heard it too. There was something else, a low humming sound ...? The fireworks noises stopped but the humming was still going on a few minutes ago.

6. TheBoatz3

TheBoatz3 Guest

Yes, they are setting off fireworks. It is the 50/210 fire department. They have had a big celebration today for I believe for their 50 th year anniversary. They have had tractor shows, car shows, motorcycle shows auctions, bbq plates, hotdogs, bounceys and characters for the children and everything and they were finishing up the big day with fireworks tonight that started at 9 pm.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A number of communities throughout the United States choose to honor the heros from that day with fireworks. Not my choice but we all choose ways to remember those that have fallen.

http://www.911families.org/Commemorations on 09.11.10.html

8. 4ME2KNOW

In my opinion..... firworks are for celebrations....I do think it is not appropriate for the anniversary of the worst attack on our nation. I don't think that's being too sensitive. There were people dancing in the street that day happy we were attacked and yes, I would be ticked to know someone was celebrating this anniversary.

IF it was fireworks for someones wedding or birthday celebration, I wouldn't be so "sensitive" about it.

9. 4ME2KNOW

Thanks for this info! My blood has stopped boiling now.
    Im sure today is hard for alot of firefighters. I'm glad they turned today into a positive one.

Thanks Hught as well for sharing that website.

10. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I heard it too. I didn't think it would be fireworks because it was raining at my house. Glad to have an answer to what the noise was.

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was gunfire, then fireworks, then back to gunfire. I called the JoCo Sheriff's deptmt and spoke w/ a very nice lady. She told me about he fire department's celebration of their firefighters. I thanked her and was relieved to know there wasn't a war going on in the 'hood!

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Would have been nice to know about this ahead of time. We'd have gone and had some fun.

13. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Sorry y'all missed this, we had some great barbeque chicken, drove right thru the firehouse to get it. It fact it was more than I could eat, so I will be having leftovers today :)

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm by Amelia Church Rd and I heard it! I passed it off as thunder because it was raining earlier. .. Though it did sound funny to be thunder ...

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Wow! What the heck was Pearl Harbor? September 11, 2001 was bad, but does not even begin to compare to Pearl Harbor.

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I also have no problem with fireworks and "celebrations" on 9/11. Why not celebrate being an American, an LEO, a Firefighter, EMS, etc on the day that terrorist tried to rock our American Spirit and foundation?

The best revenge is to be happy.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree, we need to remember what happened and honor those who lost their lives, but life must go on. It's what we, as Americans, do. Triumph over tragedy.

18. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I don't see this to be disrespectful at all. It is the 50/210 fire dept fireman days. inflatables then fireworks.

19. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

I wish I knew about it. I would have checked it out for sure!! :cheers:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i heard them, did not know where they were coming from but i thought it was awesome someone setting off fireworks in honor of 9/11, it was a day that was one of the worst in our nation but also a day that brought our entire nation together in unity for the first time in several decades. Honoring the ones that lost their lives that day and the firefighters & policeman that went way beyond the call of duty seems to me a wonderful thing. Fireworks represent our county united and strong and what better signal to send to the rest of the world on this anniversary?