Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Whatever.......I'm not going to argue w/ you over something that happened 8yrs ago. And her GPA is legit, she's taking pre-nursing classes at UNCG, has her own apt - she'll do fine in the real world. :)

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree:

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I had a comment for this, but I'm going to step back because no matter what since I don't have a child I have no idea on how to raise children.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

VERY good point. :cheers:

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

In total agreement. :withstupid: :cheers:

Sherry

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

yup yup

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep it is a good point but also remember, every kid is different and if you have never been in the same situation how can you begin to advise? i cannot begin to tell you how many times i was told i was doing it wrong by well intended people but guess what, all 3 of my boys grew into responsible hard working men. Times change and while yeah you know how you were raised, the same things don't always work in the current environment. i am the first one to step up and say spare the rod spoil the child but i don't know if that solution works for every kid. i personally think a lot of kids are too spoiled and sheltered these days and parents need to step back and let the child grow up and learn to handle things themselves instead of counting on Mommy to come running for every little thing but i am not gonna jump on another parent for their parenting decisions cause i do not know their situation. JMHO

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Lawn sweeper.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If ya'll see one for sale in someone's yard CALL ME!
    796-5284 (mobile)
    PUT MY # IN YOUR PHONES!! :lol:

Check *should* be here soon! :hurray::hurray:

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

dont cha have a husband

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No, I think she wants a lawn muncher. Are you interested?

12. AnnetteL

Hey,BuzzMyMonkey might be but I'm not interested in a lawn muncher :lol:

13. AnnetteL

that's whowantsit!

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have two white wooden porch rocking chairs. Will need paint eventually, but they are perfectly servicable now. They originally came from Lowes. $30 each or both for $50.

15. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Looking to Borrow only...

Looking for a beach umbrella to borrow, going away for a week at the end of Sept/ Beginning of October to N. Topsail beach. Don't wanna lug the 10/10 tent with me and was hoping to just find an umbrella big enough for two. Figured I'd ask to bum one before I go out and buy one that I probly won't use much and it'll just sit all winter.

Any one got one they can spare for a week? Send me a PM

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

do you still have them kdc, they will match the 2 i already have on my porch - give me a call or text and if you do i will come get them both for $50

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Crap!! I put them on CL tonight and I have someone coming at 10 in the morning. If she doesn't take them, I'll let you know.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

dang, wish i had gotten on and seen it earlier

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I am looking for a dishwasher. Mine died. I responded to an ad in the classifieds and have not heard back. Hoping they have been busy and it is still available.

I want a fairly new model and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. Anybody renovating? I will haul your old dishwasher away for free. :lol:

ETA - I prefer black.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  20. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Don't we all?! :lol: