Rant of the day...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 26, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

>
    POST A PICTURE OF THE ITEM YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL :banghead::banghead:

<

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Parents - when the Family Snack suggestions for the first grade class are healthy snacks such as crackers, cheese, fruit, muffins... DON'T send in Cheetos or Oreos for the kids to eat! This is very basic, even Thing I knows that is junk food and not healthy.

I like the Family Snack idea, it is less expensive and easier to send in a snack for the class once a month, but if my kid eats garbage several times a week, I am going to just send a snack for her each day and not participate.

3. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

agreed, cleo, that's just lazy. i think truly some parents want their kid to be the perceived hero for bringing the fun snack. we don't have family snacks at west view...and i work pretty hard to make sure my kids have something healthy-ish and that they will actually eat...but on fridays i usually try to throw in a sneaky hershey kiss on top or 5 or 6 m&m's or something. :)

4. Cleopatra

That's what I was thinking. Lazy or Hero, they can't possibly be that ignorant right?. And who encourages their child in the first grade to bend the rules or just flat out ignore them? No wonder some kids have no respect nowadays or think rules don't apply to them - look how early it starts for them, with their parent's prompting!

5. harleygirl

Sure let me run to the phone. :?

DF

6. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rhetorical questions. However, I will answer them. Yes to Question 1, and to Question 2, we are in the minority b/c apparently everyone else is doing it...from my observations lately. :)

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Dear People-Who-Don't-Know-How-To-Handle-A-4/way-Stop-Intersection,

PLEASE FIND A DRIVER'S ED HANDBOOK TO REVIEW. I AM TIRED OF YOU TRYING TO WAVE ME THROUGH WHEN YOU WERE SITTING THERE STOPPED A HALF-HOUR BEFORE I EVEN GOT TO THE STOP SIGN. JUST GROW SOME COJONES AND GO ALREADY.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If I didn't do a purchase order for your crap................and you didn't send me an invoice to pay...................and you didn't send me a statement.......................and you haven't called me to ask about it, for the love of all that is Holy, how did you expect me to magically know about that flipping invoice???? I DO NOT have a crystal ball!!!! I'm in the home office, not in your flipping store!!

9. harleygirl

cant go look at a truck without CASH.

I hate banks. :banghead::banghead:

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Please don't make me sit. and wait. for you to sit. and wait. in the left turn lane to make a right hand turn.

11. Cleopatra

They had some kind of chocolate cookies yesterday. I will start keeping track, if it is more than one day a week....

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: it irritates me that people think nothing of inconveniencing everyone else because they're in the wrong lane......:banghead:

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

If he hadn't of been yapping on his phone he probably would have been in the correct lane to start with. I was just waiting to see him get creamed...planning out my witness statement.

14. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Who is the Parrent?
    I have never seen such Rude Inconsiderate Children in all my Life.
    These Kids Tell their Parents what and when to do something. They expect that You should Bow to their every need and that You are there to Serve them.
    When I grew Up if I ever talked like that to my Parents i would have been Beaten to within the last inch of Breath.
    Kids running through Stores. Knocking thing Over. Telling their Parents to Pick it up. And the Fools Just do it. Kids Should be able to get a Real Oldfashoned *** whippen every now and then.
    These Kids are so Foul Mouthed and Plagerantly out right Rude.
    Glad I never Had any. I would have used them for Liver Snaps or something.
    I am all for having Fun and Riding Bycles in Wal- Mart. But to be so Ignorant as if they are the Only People in the World. and every one else is their Slave . This is Just Wrong.
    Get Hold of your Little Brat and Beat their Butts. Or the next time I will accidently Trip one of those Little Snots.

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I took 8 DS games to Game Stop to inquire about reselling them. All where purchased there at pre-owned prices of $17-$25 per game. Game Stop would only pay $24 cash or $31 store credit for ALL 8. I expected at least close to 40%-50% of what they sell them for used. Instead they offer $3-$4 per game???

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

What school?

17. Cleopatra

It's a local elementary school. It's not the teacher's or the school's fault - it's idiot parents. I wonder if the teacher is waiting to see what the girls are bringing in for the second half of the month before it is addressed. That's *my* plan anyway. If she would just go on and pick me for Room Mom, all of this could be solved asap. :cool:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I am so irritated with my child, I don't believe I better go home from work for a while. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

My rant for the day is aimed at WakeMed. It's a darn shame that they charge you to park when you go visit a patient. I was there for a little over 3 hours today and it was $3. They charge you $6 for a full day. That gets expensive if you have a loved one in there for a few days. :boxing:

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I agree, Michelle. My daddy was there for 5 wks. I dropped a lot of money parking.