Raffles hair salon? Did they close?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wed2x, Sep 14, 2010.

1. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

I was at Paupers Books yesterday and happened to notice that all the lights were off and all the signs with their specials and their hours are taken down. Did the shop close?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hope not!! DH and DS usually get their hair cut their by one lady for YEARS! I took DS by last night so he could get his haircut for pics on Wed. I just assumed they were closed for a Monday, some salons do. I took him somewhere else and it was fine, but DH won't be happy if they are permanently closed. :?

I just tried to call...............no answer and no VM either.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  3. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Just tried to call Raffles--no answer.

4. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

I just called no answer!I hope it did not close,I won't be very happy!

5. jen-jen

jen-jen Member

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THEY DIDNT CLOSED,WERE CAN U GET A GOOD HAIRCUT IN THIS TOWN.:cry::hurray: BEEN CALLING ALL DAY IM SO SO UPSET..
    THIS CANT BE HAPPENING.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Wade at Cost Cutters in White Oak Shopping Center has been cutting my son's hair. I like his cuts so far and I would imagine the prices would be similiar to Raffles. Cost Cutters is mainly a walk in salon I believe but call because i think they take appointments if you call the morning of. And I think you can make appointments further in advance for color but I cannot promise this to be true. Wade, Stephanie and Heli have cut my hair (Stephanie gives a great perm) and I have been satisfied.

PS I'm very hard to please with haircuts.

DB's wife

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

DH and the boys have been going to see Rainy there for years.... Except for the 3 times they went to the barber shop over by Andy's, behind Cook Out. The guys there give great cuts also. ...Rainy at Raffles was very popular!

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, she was the best. So was Tana or Tara.

9. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I second that! Wade and Stephanie are wonderful!

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That is who I was talking about too! Rainy has been cutting DH's just about as long as we've lived here. I hope we can find out where she went.

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I was in Cato last week and one of the ladies there works at the Raffles in Smithfield. She was talking to another co-worker as I was checking out and said the Raffles in Clayton was closing.

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I've never seen them empty. Anytime we've been there there was always some one ahead of us and some one waiting their turn behind us... I wonder why they closed...

13. jen-jen

jen-jen Member

RAFFLES

Does anyone know Tara and Chad that worked @ RAFFLES. If so write me back and i will give u my phone #. My husband and i been going to them since we moved here..Please help ,,,:x

14. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Chad is at Raffles in Smithfield and Do not take this as gospel but I believe Rainie is at or is going to SmartStyle at Walmart in Clayton on Hwy 70. Just happened to run into someone who had a handle on it yesterday afternoon. Did get the haircut I went for!!:lol:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I sure hope so!!! That would be great! I will be checking!

16. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

I drove by this morning on my way to Lowes Food, the shop is completely empty.