Gas Prices UP?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by grandma4, Sep 15, 2010.

1. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

why the sudden increase from $2.51 or so to $2.67???(4042 area)

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Because the American consumer will pay it. And until it gets painful enough that we develop better mass transit, fuel efficiencies as Europe, it will always be this way. The petroleum gougers know it.

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I just noticed that today too. Ugh!

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

How much is gas in Europe?

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

2.59 at BJ's 11 minutes ago

and 2.59 at Hess on hwy 70, 13 hours ago

per gasbuddy

I WAS going to swing by Sandhu's but not for 2.65!

Thank you gasbuddy... I'm going by BJ's anyway :hurray: and near 'bout sittin' on empty!

6. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

Hurricanes and TS withing 600 miles of the US Coast and Oil Companies say time to screw American Consumers!!!

7. Mass transit doesn't work when folks are spread out.

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Gas at Murphy/Walmart on 70 is 2.589

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  9. Hatteras6

Seems to me that they utilize mass transit from Fredericksburg into DC and most areas in between. Granted it's along the I-95 corridor, yet placing some sense of mass transit into Raleigh/RTP/Durham via the I-40 corridor with connectors to points south and north seems a logical idea. If there was a Metro type set up here, I'm sure it would get used. If nothing, the ability to safely read and text while one commutes would be a bonus.

10. I disagree. Sounds good in theory but it's not practical.

It obviously works well in major metropolitan areas that are densely populated....but the triangle doesn't qualify as such.

11. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I Just looked it up. gas in london is 7.50 a gallon, in Germany it is 8.75 in Africa it is 10.25 and in China it is a staggering 14.50. I am Glad that I ride a Motorcycle. Yup even when it rains. Snow, or Hot out. i Pay $6.00 for a tank full and get 245 miles to the tank.

12. Hatteras6

Just feels that way, right...LOL FWIW, I used to work in Manhattan. I'll take here, anyday!

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

good to know Europe's mass transit and fuel efficiencies are working out well to keep fuel prices low.