Selling @ Don Lees

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

What time do people typically set up to sell at Don Lees on Saturdays?

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

What/ where is Don Lee's?

3. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

i donn't know the at the old Chops parking lot you see people set up when i am going to work around 6 amon sat

4. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

Those folks set up at all different times, some the night before. Generally the busiest time for that site is early in the morning from about 7am until about 10am.

Good spots go fast on Saturdays if the weather is nice.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hwy 50 & Sanders Rd.

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

But WHAT is this? - DB's wife

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a convenience store, with a large parking lot next door that folks use as kind of a flea market.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

like they used to do at McGee's Crossroads. First come basis on space.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I stopped in there one day a few weeks ago to get a drink and saw something about the vendors having to purchase a permit. We wandered around, but didn't see anything I couldn't live without. 8)

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that doesn't surprise me about the purchasing of a permit....if there is money to be made off something (permits) Don Lee is all over it.....LOL....8)

11. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Check in at store in advance

Unless things have changed it is NOT a free for all first come first server. You have to 'reserve' the spot in advance. This is to prevent overcrowding and such. They do walk around and check to see if you have it. Only been a few times. Not as good as when CVS was not there though!!

12. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

Take your trash there and try to sell. Saw a Monopoly game from 1987 with missing pieces. Asking $15 for it. Nice. Go to Wal-mart and buy a new one for that.

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Stopped into Don Lees to inquire. In June they began charging $10 on Fri. and Sat. to sell.

14. Mommy2boys

Mommy2boys Guest

It is 10.00 for the day to set up there on sat and sun...and usually people start setting up around 6-6:30. It really dosen't start getting busy until 8 or 9 but you want to get there as early as possible to get your spot. My hubby went up there labor day and he sold more stuff as he was setting up just to the other vendors! Good Luck!

15. Mommy2boys

Mommy2boys Guest

opps i thought it was sat and sun my bad