Anyone attend the Nicholas Sparks book signing last night?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Sep 18, 2010.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I did! :)

He was really, really nice!! I asked him if his latest book, "Safe Haven" would make me cry. He was honest, he said, "Yes", lol. Its more of a thriller so this is definately a new route for him. You got to sit down next to him, have him sign your book & take pictures. B&N was very well organized and it went smoothly. It was at the Barnes & Noble in Cary.

If you missed it, dont worry!!! He plans on putting out one book a year followed by a book tour. He'll be back! :)

2. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I so would have been there had I known!! How did you find out about it?

3. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I saw it posted there when I was in there a couple of weeks ago, wish I could have been there, sounds like you had a good time. Cool!

4. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

So, are book signings and readings you would attend locally?

We don't have a B&N, but we might find a way to start bringing folks over. Any thoughts? And no, I don't know a thing about how to do it, other than call the author or publisher and ask them to git over here, pretty please. Anyone with expertise and motivation to help start a program is willing to call us at 661-6565.

5. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I did a search for his name about his new book and it just came up. I think if you occasionally check B&N, maybe even Borders, they have a section on their website that lists Authors and their booksigning events. I dont know if they have a mailing list for it or not, but its worth checking out.

I think the only B&N that has them are the one in Cary and the one in Southpoint (Durham).