Rant of the day...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 26, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

>
    family
    <

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :ack:

note: just incase my sister is looking at this POST, it's NOT about HER, the other side of the family.

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Gotta love inlaws.....lol

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

If you take your parking ticket in with you you can get a nurse to initial the back and it will be no charge. ...Don't they still do that? Or is just for people who've been there a certain number of days? My Mom was up there for three weeks, I was visiting from 5 hrs to the full visiting period, but I don't remember much about it. My brain blocks out a lot of things it doesn't want to remember. I have about 5 or 6 snippets of memory and I was there every single day. I remember getting it done I just don't remember how often. huh... now ya make me wonder how much I paid... They make money hand over fist out there. AND they don't really let anyone know that they do this...the ticket signing thing.

When I was in last October DH was getting his ticket initialed for free parking (when he remembered to bring it in) but I was only in for three nights. My Mom and her friend came in in my last day, I think it was their second visit, and they didn't pay for parking, so it's not like it was an emergency.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

when I spent a week at Pitt Memorial over the summer with my Dad, you could buy daily passes for $4(so we could come and go and they were good for exactly 24 hours no matter what time you got them) and a weekly for $15....check and see if they offer that.

5. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Its been some time since I worked there but at one point all the parking decks were built and owned by a private company not WakeMed, if I'm not mistaken it was the same company that owned most if not all of the parking decks in downtown Raleigh, but this has been some time ago. Probably a sign somewhere stating if its owned and operated by a company etc.

6. harleygirl

DH's grandma is in a nursing home and has been for about 2 + weeks now and we just found out last night? WTF? :boxing::boxing:

I'm gonna buy an island and move far far far away. On the way I'm throwing my cell phone in the ocean.
    :beathorse:

7. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

i'm moving my fam to montana...or colorado...or north dakota?

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I'm saving all my pennies for alligators and a MOAT!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i raised 3 of them, now you see why i smoked:lol::lol::lol: i used to say me stepping out of the house to have a cigarette was sometimes the only reason my boys survived to adulthood.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! I may be an alcoholic before it's over!! I swear, he would forget his head if it wasn't attached. Drives me NUTS!!!! I know it's supposed to be a boy "thing", but it is giving me gray hair.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

and now you understand why i color mine:lol::lol::lol:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol: I shouldn't complain, he's a GOOD kid, but there are days!!!

13. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Been there KDC!!! wow, have i ever.
    try to talk nicely and if you get an attitude, launch them against a wall. :cheers:

it really will be ok. maybe not now...but someday.

14. harleygirl

"like" :lol:

btw, that's what we should do at the border :mrgreen:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Here is mine from last night..............if your kid is too young to behave with some decorum during an awards ceremony, either leave them home or take them out if they start acting up. I surely would have liked to hear what was going on last night, but couldnt' because of constant running up and down the aisle, screeching "mama mama mama", dragging a metal chair across a concrete floor, kicking said metal chairs and just generally being huge PITA. Thanks, I REALLY appreciate your brat ruining the evening. Yes, I know you saw my dirty looks, take a hint!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sounds like y'all needed Brenda from "Old Salty's" there last night. i loved it, i got a pic while at Carolina Beach standing beside the now famous sign:lol:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was hot under the collar, let me tell you!!! I "heart" Brenda!! I didn't allow my son to disrupt stuff and I don't appreciate when others don't CARE how their kids are acting. Unfreakingbelievable. :x It would have been one thing if it was just here and there, but nope, through the whole thing!!

18. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree:

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Completely agree, KDC.

20. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I've got 2 rants of the day, but can only talk about one...

I was almost killed twice last night by more idiot drivers, what's going on these days??? The first one was turning left onto the road I was on (Cleveland School) and decided he didn't want to wait for the one turning off of Cleveland onto his road or for me to drive by, so he pulled out in front of both of us. The other one was right behind me when I was getting ready to turn left into my neighborhood. I put on my signal light, slowed down to get over into the turning lane, looked in my rearview mirror and his truck was literally an inch from the rear of my car. WTH???? I had on my signal light AND slowed down to get into my lane, what's your problem????

The other rant is business related, and all I can say is you think you know someone........:banghead: I HATE being taken advantage of.