Blue Cross Blue Shield

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 20, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Dropped them a LONG time ago!

BCBS SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

BCBS is better than the Wellpath plan my company had. Face it insurance is all about making money for the stock holders no matter which company you have.

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

BCBS is a non-profit. I may be wrong, but I do not believe there are stockholders. That being said, BCBS makes a lot in profits and often uses money to fund grants that improve health care around the state, or so they say. I am not defending them by any means, BTW.

I love how they blame the rate increases on the health reform and do not mince words about it, yet when discussing the refunds they make it sound like BCBS is doing it on their own accord. Creative writing at it's best.

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I thought they stated that the refund was because of the Affordable Care Act. Is this not what this says (?):

6. Ima Sheltie

Wellpath was the worst insurance I ever had; I fear the government run health care will be worse.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

It is. However, quotes by the chairman do not lead you to believe it is as a result of the Act. The N&O wrote that it does sound to have a tinge of spin by BCBS for good publicity.

8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

The government will not be running health care...you should know this by now. Perhaps Wellpath was so bad because of the need for serious reform?

9. Ima Sheltie

Wellpath is just flat out horrible. If the government health care is anywhere near Wellpath it will be just as horrible.

And do you think that what bammy has cast upon us is the answer? I personally think that we were better off before he dabbled in the problem.

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

There is no government health care!!!

The new law essentially set up some new rules that existing health care companies have to abide by, by law. Much akin to consumer credit protection laws, or mandatory safety regulations for automobile manufacturers.

You are either making it sound as if there is a USA Health, Inc. that we'll all be forced to set up an account with, or you have no grasp of what health care reform is (good or bad).

11. Ima Sheltie

Of course there is no universal health care right now, but all signs point to exactly that in the future. I seriously doubt that if obamacare is allowed to be fully implemented as it is now you will be able to make the same claims.

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

...If it is allowed to be fully implemented...

...as it is now...

How can something be fully implemented if it is already 'as it is now'. If your point is that once the rest of the provisions come into effect it will be more akin to universal health care, then you would be misguided. These laws are simply reforms, which are regulations to an industry to curb gross inequities and provide consumer protection. No different than tobacco advertising, seat belt use, credit card companies, food and drug issues, etc.

13. Hopefully it will be repealed before it gets off the ground.

14. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Not likely. Tomorrow's a big day. For those of you who have yet to comprehend some of what this bill does:

Health law kicks into 2nd gear; does it help me?

15. If the right number of seats are filled it very well could be.