Puppies staked out without water / shelter

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by softballmom, Sep 23, 2010.

1. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Everyone help me draw attention and hopefully a rescue for three puppies teathered without food, water, or shelter. Just drive down mainstreet Clayton (1131 W. Main St.) across from T.R. Lee Mobile Park and it will break your heart. I have called Johnston County Police Dept. who stated that they were aware of the situation.....(yet nothing has been done!!). Why would anyone want a little dog and then tie it up and forget about it???! Law abiding citizens need to unite and speak out!!!! Please call whoever you can think of to help these little innocent creatures!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

If it is Clayton Town Limits contact the Clayton PD, don't they have a tether law?

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yes they do, also call CLAYTON animal conrtol.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

You might also want to give the Johnston County Animal Protection League a call,a friend of mine that lives in Clayton has reported similar cases to both the Clayton PD as well as the SPCA,not with much success I might add.
    http://www.jcapl.org/
    919-989-7601

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  5. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Yep - poor pups..... the tether law though,

if I understand it correctly, is that no dog/pup may be tethered for over a couple (wanna say 3) of hours at one time. So they can be tethered long enuf for potty breaks/fresh air in time increments.

JCAPL is a great rescue but probably won't get involved about the way the animals are being tethered since its not totally against the law. Plus I don't think they much go to people in such circumstances... they just hope that community will report it to the appropriate group(s).

All that can be done @ this point (by AC) is to keep an eye on the situation as to length of time tethered, appropriate water close by, and of course health. When they're older/old enuf, then the rabies vaccination can come into play with all this .... if not done then animal has to be taken after warnings by AC & such.

Those pups are cute ... hopefully they're being taught to be good doggies even though they are tethered so that if ever they do leave that house environment then they'll still have chance.

6. AnnetteL

Here's a link to a variety of Organizations in NC, including Rescue Groups,even though there a none in Clayton,you can always give them a call and ask for their advice.At least that is what I did when I had my neighbors dogs rescued.
    http://muttcats.com/shelters/north_carolina.htm

7. AnnetteL

I thought it said in the subject line that they were staked outside without water,so I guess there isn't any appropriate water close by.

8. AnnetteL

Some people should absolutely not be allowed to own dogs or any other animals!! :x

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Its apparent a Clayton Animal Control officer is watching the thread in the animal forum that Ferrickhead started regarding a dog found in Cobblestone. Has anyone sent the Animal Control Officer a PM on this, and tried to get her involved? Her name and phone # are also in one of her replies.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree:

11. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

Maybe the puppies could somehow escape in the middle of the night? People like this should not own animals. Why have them if you do not want to enjoy them-- save your money and don't get any pets. This makes me very sad and angry

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

This thread started six days ago... has anything been done yet? Have they been left in the rain with no shelter all this time?

13. AnnetteL

I would like to know also,I certainly hope not!

14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

well at least they now have water