WFD???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Sep 22, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Me 2, me 2!!
    I dont need any cukes tho. :lol:

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Still waiting on my cuke delivery ;)

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

How 'bout making the spaghetti squash the main dish... my dad used to cook it up, string it out (scoop it out with a fork, its spaghetti looking & texturish), and then mix with a good spag. sauce. Here is a recipe I found, I would opt for a mozzarella or italian blend cheese at the end though instead of cheddar.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/wintersquashrecipes/r/bl30221z.htm

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Those were all good ideas, I wound up making Shrimp Creole. I did buy some Acorn Squash and will be having that tonight with a roasted chicken (Lowe's & Food Lion have awesome deals on chicken right now!) I wish I had bought some spaghetti squash, but it's not too late. Thing I & Thing II don't like sauce on their spaghetti and squash would be a much healthier alternative than pasta with butter and parm cheese. Does it have squash flavor? Would olive oil and some parm go good on it tassy?

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Yep, Yep!!! Whole chickens only $.59 /lb, great for beer can chicken on the grill!! Also Gala apples for $.89/lb, about half of FL price. What's up with the high apple prices??, They're in season. :?

6. Cleopatra

I know!! And pears are pricey, too.

I have five chickens in my freezer now, and one thawed for tonight. :lol:

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't think its tastes too squashy, but I don't know if I would like it with olive oil, it might get too slimy... maybe a very light drizzle of an alfredo sauce??

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HA! I stocked up yesterday at LF. Got 2 AND the chicken legs were on sale 2. :hurray:

9. Cleopatra

They like squash, or at least they used to. I can't remember if they like alfredo sauce this week or not. Maybe just salt & pepper?

10. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

11. Cleopatra

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey, let me know when and where and they are yours, still gotta get your dish back to ya:oops:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool, i'll call ya:cheers:

14. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Let me know how this works out; assuming you are doing the whole chicken and squash the same time. I have never tried it with anything else in the oven with it.

15. Cleopatra

Oh, I put the chicken in the crockpot! lol For the squash, I melted 3 T of butter, added oh maybe a T or less of molasses and brushed that on each half (four) then I added a t of brown sugar to each (smeared it around) and finally a sprinkling of salt. Delicioso!