Is anyone a good sewer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Sep 25, 2010.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

My wife has 3 skirts in decent shape with a small split in them, and a pair of pants which the cheap zipper in it broke a tooth....We dont have a sewing machine, but I'd like to just mend rather than buy new. If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

George

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

sewer
    noun

1: a waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water [syn: sewerage, cloaca]

I'm not a good sewer.

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Well that stinks. :jester:

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Haha I thought the same thing:)

6. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Of course NY would think sewer (Noun, not verb like I intended)

This reminds me of a time when I was in Florida with some friends playing Catch Phrase. The other team had the word Tower (Like a building) and Steve was describing it as Tower, The man who tows your car away! No one was getting his clue because he couldn't get past the car analogy....when the buzzer went, and I said, Tower (building) he said Wrong, we looked and laughed for a good while over his unfortunate simple, one track mind.

But I'm not looking for a Tailor, just someone (a mom, gramma, whatever) who wouldn't mind mending these things for a few bucks. Thank's tho, I think she went to Ho's In Garner when she got her dress altered for the wedding....i'll mention it to her, maybe she'll consider that too.

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

First a sewer and now a Ho? Wwoooooo.

8. Casceysmom

Casceysmom Guest

sewing

I do alot of sewing and mending, especially for my co-workers. Cheap too! If you want to call I will be available Sunday afternoon after 2 or any morning as I work second shift. 919-264-1034. I am located in the Garner area right by 40/70, White Oak area