Nosestud as an religious symbol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Why not the wrist and neck?

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Hey, at least its not Corinth Holders. Talk about oppression.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hey now. This mom LOVES Corinth-Holders and their oppression. :cool:

4. Grinder

No i dont. Its not high school and from what kids at Clayton have told me, and what my son and others at Corinth have told me, its night and day. Its not JC School policies that im talking about, its principal rules that i dont like.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but do you REALLY think this is the way to go about changing it? SERIOUSLY??? She has been suspended for DAYS on end. Really gratifying that her mother apparently feels that wearing a nose ring is more important than her education.

Stuff like this needs to be dealt with using proper channels, not making a horse's patoot out of yourself for the national news.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Her mother might think this is an important part of her education.

7. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Then her mother is a certified idiot.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Her mother is free to teach her anything she wants. But on school grounds she has to follow the rules. Why is that so hard for the liberals, hippies and commies to understand? If she cant deal with it, home school her, but what she really needs is military school.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well..........DUH!! Like I said about 5000 pages ago, rules are for the little people, not Ms. Precious!!

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

LOL - I got "well Duh'd" over a body hardware dispute.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

8) I knew you'd take it as it was intended. :cheers:

13. Cleopatra

My son went to Clayton HS last year, and is at Corinth Holders this year. It is a breath of fresh air. I heard they are talking uniforms, I hope they do!!!

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Finally something that you and I agree on when it comes to school and rearing children....LOL

15. Grinder

I dunno. My son had more "freedoms" at middle school last year than he does in high school, and i always thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Cant touch another person - how are the boys supposed to punch each other in the arm or play bloody thump knuckles if they cant touch?

6 inch bubble space rule - now you know boyfriend/girlfriend like to walk the halls and hold hands and so on. As far as i know, Corinth is the only high school in the county that has those rules.

No free time during the lunch periods - cant sit around and chew the fat with your friends for a few minutes? Technically yes, they do have free time but either they go to the library, tutoring or the gym and you cant just stand around in the gym and watch people play games. You have to be participating in a game or get out.

Not to mention.....the badge.....

Come on, this is high school. Maybe this will loosen up as the year goes on. Most of my son's friends go to Clayton and they tell him Clayton is nothing like Corinth.

16. Cleopatra

Clayton had badges too. I do think the 6 inch rule is a bit extreme, but I think kids have plenty of time for that outside of school. I do like the SMART lunches they offer. And I LOVE the fact that cellphones do not work within the building. I'm a cellphone stalker anyway, I can log onto Verizon and see if my son is texting when he's not supposed to be - if he is, it's mine!

Clayton HS was a big eye opener for me last year. My son could tell you who the biggest dealer was, during in-class projects he did the work while the other kids discussed pooling their lunch money to buy a bag of weed that Friday. It seemed like every week, you would see several Clayton HS students on WTSB who had been arrested for drugs, breaking & entering, etc. And Clayton was not alone in that, either. I did see where one CHHS student was arrested the other week for possession of marijuana.

My son feels the rules are rigid, too. I have told him the same thing, you have plenty of time for that stuff on your own time. Here you can focus on your classes, football, and get into the college of your choice without distraction and little room for excuses. I think they are preparing him for the real world, and keeping the kids in line - heading off alot of problems that I have seen at other area High Schools.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

As I predicted. And this could have been solved quite easily by finding some sense of accommodation. Nope. So, we taxpayers are on the hook.

In a similar fashion, mohawks, colored hair, and other hair styles that are considered 'disruptive' are also disallowed. While I support the idea of St Balrdrick's fund raising and cancer awareness, if a student were to shave his head, for a charitable event, does this not fall under the suspension rules for disruptive appearance?

Don't get me wrong. I'm saying that to allow one while disallowing the other is prima facie evidence of a double standard of approving something that's popular, and disapproving something that is not.