Ghost Town - Cherokee

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by davynchristy, Sep 27, 2010.

1. davynchristy

davynchristy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Ghost Town in Cherokee ever reponed? Their website has been down for weeks and their phone is disconnected.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

3. davynchristy

davynchristy Well-Known Member

Well that stinks. Thanks Annette!

4. AnnetteL

After reading the article I'd hate to own a home build by Centex,especially with their history! I know there's a Centex sign where Barber Mill Rd. connects with Cleveland Rd.

5. AnnetteL

The last time we were staying at a cabin in Maggie Valley my husband said that builders in this area would never get away with the things they are getting away with there,he mostly was referring to the fill materials used on building sites there such as trees which were previously cleared from the lot and were barely compacted before building a house on top, all of that on very steep hills.

6. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

We went there on vacation this year and Ghost Town is closed due to a land slide. The owners declared bankruptcy but the Smokie Mountain Railroad bought it. They will be re-opening next year in the spring if all goes well.

7. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Funny I just saw this...when we were in the mountains this summer we were plannign on going to to Ghost Town. Wow, glad we didn't have the time. It's a shame what happened.
    It seems Centex is doing the right thing by buying back the homes.

8. AnnetteL

They have offered to buy them back but I wonder at what price?