Trash Service

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bluewillow, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

I see on older threads that Advantage Waste is highly recommended for trash pickup. According to their website, their service is $60 quarterly. I would appreciate anyone's input. If they are still recommended, I plan on ordering their service this week. Thanks so much!

2. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We have them and like them. For an extra $15 per quarter, they'll give you a recycle bin (really big; same size as the garbage can), which gets picked up the first and third week of the month.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I get trashy service every time I go to Dairy Queen in Clayton.

4. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

We use Brock's Sanitation.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

For $65. a year you can bring it to the dumps yourself at your own convenience. Just not Weds or Sunday.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Even my dog loves this option. 8)

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Absolutely! they have roll off sites too and saves you a good chunk of money. For us, we canceled service as they charge for more than one bin. So, with our crowd we just couldn't do it. We didn't have advantage so can't give opinions on them but we had the one that ends in Star (can't remember whole name sorry). They were fine. No problems. Just extra for the extra trash can, extra for recycling, etc. I see many Advantage trash cans in this neighborhood. Good luck.

Stephanie--mom to 7

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We are still with Advantage Waste and are quite satisfied with their service.

I know I pay less than my neighbors who use Waste Management.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Me 2!

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I dropped Waste Management years ago. I liked Advantage and Allstar. Now I do the dump.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We use Allstar. I don't have the spare time to be running to the dump with stinky trash. Especially in the summer. Ewww!! I ain't putting that stuff in the back of my truck. Thanks............but no thanks.

12. Cleopatra

What? That's man's work. :lol:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah..........you know how often my DH is home to do stuff like that. LOL Out of the 4 weekends in Oct, he's gonna be home exactly one..........maybe!!

14. Cleopatra

See? He can save on gas just making one trip. lol

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ha!!! :ack:

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Was thinking about switching to this option. Since I go there to recycle stuff it seems like a no brainer. Where do I sign up for this?
    :allears:

Please and thanks!

17. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

This is what gets me about all the companies around here. I have to PAY them so that I can sort my trash so that they make MORE money by selling my sorted recyclable trash.

18. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Exactly! That's why I've always taken my recyclable stuff myself.

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I go to the Johnston County "convenience sites". $65.00/year. My dog would never speak to me again if I eliminated that weekly trip in the truck.

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY