New Fall Programming - whachu watchin'?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Sep 28, 2010.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I've been such a couch potato lately!
    Through the magic of DVR, we/I caught Chase, Hawaii 5-0, Blue Bloods (really liked Donnie Wahlberg), (Detroit 187 this morning), and $#*! My Father Says. And of course a boat load of football games. Anybody find anything interesting? I lost my CSI virginity. I've never seen one and I DVR'd all three 'new' shows and watched last seasons shows on OnDemand before I watched them. CSI regulars... which one is your favorite?

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I liked Blue Bloods, not my kind of show but had to watch for Donnie. :jester: I actually liked it, and so did my hubby who hates TV (except Nascar and NFL). I tried watching Mike & Molly (?) but it's all fat jokes, gets old. Other than that I'm not really watching anything other than 2 1/2 men and Big Bang Theory.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I liked Detriot 187, liked Hawaii 5-0, Blue Bloods.... ehh.. maybe it'll get better, I like Donny Wahlberg. Watched Mike & Molly last night after Two and a Half Men, it was funny as heck! I love Criminal Minds, we normally watch CSI: Miami as our favorite of the three. We also watch NCIS and NCIS:LA, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men and I've been watching Greys Anatomy and Private Practice for a while, those are favorites of mine.

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

We watch a lot of stuff on USA and A&E networks...Rizolli and Isles, The Glades, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight. Other than that, I am a reality junkie! Still watch Kate+8 and I shouldn't admit this, but, I love the MTV shows...The Buried Life, Real World and the new Jenks something-or-other was pretty cool.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yeah.. I didn't mention those, I was just thinking regular network tv. I really liked Rizzoli & Isles, The Glades and have also been watching The Colony on Discovery Channel, I love Army Wives on LifeTime. I was just going through my DVR list... so I guess I also need to throw in Stargate: Universe on SyFy, Hells Kitchen, The Next Food Network Star...

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Reality loves are:
    Dancing with the Stars
    Say Yes to the Dress
    Gene Simmons Family Jewels
    Jersey Shore (it's like a trainwreck, I can't stop watching)
    Teen Mom (I watch with my teenage boys, a great reality check)
    Undercover Boss (love love love)

Sitcoms:
    2 1/2 Men
    Cougartown
    Modern Family (my absolute favorite)
    The Office

I don't do the crime/drama shows, they are all predictable. The one and only I enjoy very much is Friday Night Lights.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Hawaii 50 and The Event both seem good.

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Big Bang Theory rules. We schedule Thursday nights around this show. Which will then lead into Burn Notice in November.

NCIS on Tuesday. 'nuf said.

For an independent network, USA offers Royal Pains, Burn Notice, and a couple of other watchables.

Mike & Molly looked good at the first, and solid in its second show. Seeing as it's a Chuck Lorre creation, we knew that the interaction would be witty, sarcastic, funny, and adult. We've followed Dharma and Greg, 2.5 men and Big Bang Theory loyally. This show has legs.

Watched &*$*( My Dad Says, as we've always been train wreck curious/ Shatner fans (Loved Boston Legal), and the show seems OK, but not sure if it will last. Will give them props for the son imitation of Shatner/Kirk, with Kirk saying, "Nobody ever gets me." good laugh. Just not sure it will survive.

1st 5 minutes of 5-0 were too far of a stretch, we bailed.

Hoping the CSI franchsie will finally die its long overdue death. We fear that next season we'll be treated to CSI-Selma.

Also like Undercover Boss.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

DWTS
    The Good Wife
    Castle
    Survivor
    Amazing Race
    CSI- LV (can't stand Miami version)
    Fringe
    Desperate Housewives
    Private Practice
    Brothers and Sisters
    Hawaii 50
    Burn Notice
    Warehouse 13
    Stargate
    2 1/2 Men
    Big Bang Theory
    Project Runway
    For Rent, House Hunter Int'l, and lots of other HGTV shows

I'm sure there's more, dang! I watch too much tv :lol:
    thank goodness for DVR - :mrgreen:

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Nobody watching 'the Event'?

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I like Mike and Molly so far, of course the Big Bang Theory, NCIS, etc. (Blue Bloods was good out of the gate)but the one I was waiting all summer for was Sons of Anarchy. I have NO idea why I like that show so much, but it's a must on Tuesday nights for me. It's on FX.

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

haven't seen CSI-LV enough to like it since they did away with Grissom and the Dominatrix interaction.

Do watch CSI Miami, Eureka, 2.5 men, Big Bang, both NCIS shows, and usually catch a few others here and there, but not religously.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I watched a bit of 5-0 last night and it seemed rather anti-climatic; never really reaching an interesting, on-the-edge-of-your-seat sort of story line. The one show I've been wanting to catch is the "Defenders" with Jim Belushi, but it comes on I think on Wednesday evening and I'm usually swamped with work and miss it.

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

nevermind.... I had Defenders confused with Blue Bloods.... sorry!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  16. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

The Defenders is still on Wed nights at 10pm on CBS, and the first show was pretty entertaining. Its my "hope this one makes it this year" series.

Might watch No Ordinary Family tonight but im a Julie Benz homer.

We like Chase pretty well also.

Did see the first 2 episodes of The Event. Lost lost me (no pun intended) after their first season. Im not sure i can hang with The Event or not. I really dont like shows that have "oh BS, that cant happen" happen in them....ie: the airplane, the guy and girls records being wiped from the cruise ship, the plane crash and all live, but next shot they are all dead....just too much. Might give it 1 more week.

17. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

have only had a chance to catch one new show "Raising Hope" on Fox..hilarious.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like much of one!

19. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

I have been watching the Event. I am not sure how I like it yet. If they continue with all of the different "perspective" scenes, then I think that it will get old.

I forgot to watch "No ordinary family". I will dvr Friday's episode.

I like Haven, Unnatural History, Warehouse 13, Covert Affairs, Smallville, and Supernatural.

20. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

I like Hawaii 5-0. Didn't like Mike and Molly, or the William Shatner show. Big Bang theory may be my favorite show of all time. I catch CSI only infrequently, and there seems to be some theme going on about a serial killer that I do not understand. I like NCIS. I also watch Biggest Loser. We usually watch whatever my hubby wants to watch, as I would rather be on the computer and/or crocheting. But we have to watch Big Bang Theory, I insist :)