DUI = fatality.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

:iagree: Jail time is the only way to prevent these drivers from getting back out on the road. Just look at the Clayton News-Star each week and you'll see how many people are caught driving while license revoked. Too many of the accidents we hear about are repeat offenders who are back out on the roads despite losing their licenses.

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Shouldn't his charges be vehicular manslaughter since there was a fatality?

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Assuming he was at fault for the death. I noticed that one media source stated that they had incorrectly reported that the intoxicated driver had crossed the center. There may be evidence to suggest that the motorcyclist was at fault and just so happened to strike an intoxicated driver. By NOOOO means should that be taken to suggest that I'm taking up for this guy, but simply saying that could possibly be the case...or at least there's some doubt.

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think the driver was turning left and the motorcyclist coming in the opposite direction headed straight.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

10-4 on that, Cleo. I remember reading that somewhere now. I guess I should brush up on my Reading Comprehension. :)