Wheelchair??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I have a son in surgery right now. He will have a script for a wheel chair when he gets out. Do any of you know where I can take that script to get a wheelchair for him for the next few weeks? Is there a medical supply place around here? Let me know if any of you get a chance. Thanks so much.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There is a new medical supply place that opened up in Clayton on 42, it's in the same strip mall as Walters Ins and Papa Johns. There is a tanning place too.

3. Abdulina

Thanks! Is that across from the old Winn-Dixie? Or am I thinking of something else? Nevermind, I remember...42. More near Rainbow Lanes. Thanks. I'll check them out when they get home from the hospital.

Stephanie--mom to 7

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Stephanie - Hope all goes well today! I think my son has been talking to your son a lot lately, he keeps updating me. 8) He told my son he was having surgery today and would be in the hospital for 2 nights...It's so funny, I try to explain to my son that I know you, even though I don't really know you!!! Anyway, can't help you with a wheelchair, but just wanted to say you're in my thoughts!

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Try Tom Jones Pharmacy on Timber Drive in Garner.

6. Abdulina

Thanks. He's out of surgery but things did not go as planned. MUCH longer surgery than anticipated. Over 2 hours. He was supposed to be outpatient at Duke but looks like he'll be there awhile. DOn't know how much you know or if your read our blog, but this doc has gone in and fixed quite a bit of work from our previous doctor (same doc that permanently botched up my other daughter's arm). My son may actually be able to finally use his foot & have mobility! We may not have to amputate next time and are thrilled. Trouble is, b/c of old surgery work done, my son is now going to have another surgery after this one. Surgeon today said he's going to be in a lot of pain. He said he did a bunch more work than anticipated. Loosened a bunch of ligaments, moved some bone, etc. Crazy stuff. He's still sleeping but in recovery currently. Our home is NOT wheelchair accessible. I have to come up w/ some type of ramp(just for three steps) between now & tomorrow when they get home. He'll also be residing in the dining room for quite some time. Guess it doesn't matter that the prosthetic is too small now does it? LOL. Keep him in your thoughts if you don't mind. This is going to be tougher than any of us first realized. Now, off to look for a roofer. Thanks for thinking of him and I'm sure he'll be talking all about it once in school again. Enjoy your weekend.

Stephanie-mom to 7

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I agree. We have been able to pick up a few supplies there for mama this week. Their prices are very good and I think you may even be able to rent some things.

8. Abdulina

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. We are very fortunate. Our church had one in storage & loaned it to us for however long we need it. Thrilled. Thanks again.

Stephanie--mom to 7