If your teenage daughter

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by All Children First, Oct 3, 2010.

1. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

drives a black Ford Fusion, you might want to talk to her about a few things:

1. It's called "safe driving distance." If the car in front of you slams on the brakes, you want to be able to stop without rear-ending it. Keep back.
    2. No matter how close you get to the car in front of you, it cannot go faster than the car in front of it. Keep a safe driving distance (See #1)
    3. Solid yellow lines mean NO PASSING, even if riding the bumper of the car in front of you has not made them increase their speed. (See #2)
    4. Speed limits are not suggestions.

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Well said. This is why we have yet to let our kids get their license. Just b/c they CAN get their license, doesn't necessarily make it a good idea. I told my kids when they do get their license, a bumper sticker will go on it that reads "If I make a mistake, please contact my mom at....." I've seen teens in this neighborhood fly past my house. It's nuts.

Stay safe,

stephanie--mom to 7

3. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

" I told my kids when they do get their license, a bumper sticker will go on it that reads "If I make a mistake, please contact my mom at....."

I think a bumper stick like this is an awesome idea!!!!!

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

http://www.angelsghosts.com/hows_my_teen_driving.html

[​IMG]

5. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

That accident that was on Cleveland and Shilo last week, was caused by a 16 year old girl. She hit the guy head on while cutting him off to make a left. By the grace of God the guy is okay just a few broken bones. My daughter and sonn did not get their license till they were 18 and it will be the same for the 14 year old also.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've posted before about this little "girlie" in a light blue late model Toyota Camry that is a menace in the mornings on my way from Clayton to 4042. That little twit will ride my bumper like it's a Nascar race when there are 10 cars in front of me on 42. Weaving in and out, passing in no passing zones, you name it, I've seen her do it. Fricking idiot.

One of these mornings, I am going to show her that middle-aged ladies in minivans only have so much patience a la Kathy Bates. :evil:

7. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I would love to have this twerp ride my Bumper. I would Adjust my seat. Slam on the Breakes, Let her Crash into me and Get a New Car out of the deal.

8. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have done that years ago, they didn't hit me, but they stayed back after I did it, not the I recommend it..but it worked at the time. I have never done it again. Something after having a kid calmed me down on the road some! lol

9. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It used to be that it was teenaged boys, and boys in their early 20's that were such a pain in the ***. Now I think some of these girls are worse.

One or two more mornings of her shenanigans and I am liable to follow her right to wherever she's going in such a damn hurry. 8)

11. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I am inclined to believe that she is a New Yorker. They tend to turn then Look to see if they hit some one. LOL. No these kids now a days think they are the center of the world and that they have the right to be there first and the rest of us are just in their way. and we should get out of their way.
    Stems from not getting their a##'s beat as a kid.. no disaplin

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Heh, some lady in a white Honda Odyssey almost bought me a new rear bumper today. I can't go any faster than the person in front of me, lady. In the future, manage your time better and you won't have to freak out and give me the bird when I tap my brake. Had I slammed the brakes... <shudders>

I only know it was a Honda Odyssey because she passed me afterward (on the right) it's not like I could make out what kind of vehicle it was while she was up my ***.

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

There's two things you can do for tailgaters when you can't pull over. One, you can turn your windshield sprayer on them for about five to ten seconds. Then other is to ease toward the shoulder where there's more sand and peebles. If all else fails you can always lean your head against the side window and weave from line to line (no other cars around) with your foot on the brake. Drivers that appear drunk scare even the fearless of tailgaters.

Just make sure it's not a smokey that's tailgating.:) Some of them love to ride people's bumpers too.

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I would die before I pulled over for some *** hat on the road.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well evidently the dude in the black suv that nearly ran me over on 50 a few weeks ago, passed me flying and then jerked in front of me and slammed on his breaks, had his karma catch up with him, saw him pulled over on ODS right after turning off 50 last week with 3 police cars around him and he was in cuffs & they were searching every inch of the SUV

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good!!

I keep wishing for a Clayton police officer to be in the right place at the right time one of these mornings. If it was a rare incident, it would be one thing, but I see her stupid butt 2 or 3 times a week!

17. Cleopatra

lol

18. Cleopatra

Justice is served!

19. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

My PITA is a yellow bug. Comes pulling onto Cleveland from Shiloh, runs her red light and cuts off traffic then rides your bumper to 42, she turns left onto 42. Part of her plate is ZZZ. This is why I have a bumper sticker that reads www.off my a@@.com.

20. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me at that intersection 12 years ago, before there was a light or turn lane. Young (18 years old) girl coming from 42 tried to turn left in front of me as I was headed to ODS. I ended up upside down with a totaled Explorer in the ditch beside Shiloh Church. She ended up 300 ft. away where the mini storage is. She had a broken leg, I needed sugery on my shoulder. No life threatening injuries, but could have been much, much worse.

Oh, did I mention, it was the last day of school and she was in a hurry and not paying attention? :evil:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010