Nosestud as an religious symbol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 10, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Are shaved heads SPECIFICALLY prohibited in the school handbook??

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Exactly, if the rule is wrong, fight to change the rule rather than breaking it is the common sense way to handle it & teach your child.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Reaching, Hat.....

The taxpayers are on the hook to protect the civilized world from people who just want to do whatever the heck they want with no regard or respect for rules and authority. A minority that wishes to coerce and change the majority with their asshattery.

It has been posted here time and time again, that this religion states that the jewelry does not have to be worn at all times in order to worship or belong.

I hope Clayton/JoCo does not cow down. She can go to Harnett Co, a charter school somewhere, homeschool, or she can go to Clayton sans nose ring.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Common sense flew the coop on this mess a LONG time ago. :lol:

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

1. She and her parensts were given a rule book
    2. She and her parents were notified that if the rules were broken it could lead to suspension or expulsion
    3. She chose to break the rule
    4. She got suspended

Schools have the right to discipline students who don't follow the rules. She decided to make a stand and is having to suffer the consequences. You can do anything you want to in this life just as long as your willing to pay the price for that decision. You wanna kill a person? Go ahead, as long as your willing to spend the rest of your life getting gang raped and beaten.

Sounds to me like her parents didn't explain what being a growed-up is all about.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, give him a prize Johnny. He hit the nail on the head.
    Then if they want to fight the rule they are free to do so, but they must follow it until it is changed.

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

This whole thing is crap

Servo summed it up pretty well.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Which is what the majority of the other poster's have been saying in this thread for 15 pages. Except for the bleeding hearts who apprently are ALSO in the camp of folks who think rules are for everyone else.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Wow...I got jumped on a while back about by making a very similar comment about someone's kid who couldn't cover a book the way the teacher required.

But I stand by my comments.

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:beathorse:

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nope, I believe we will have a societal breakdown without rules. But I beleave you need to eliminate bad ones . We used to have a rule that some people are only worth 3/5 of others.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Go back up and read what Cleo said, I noticed that a couple of you skipped right over what she said.
    She hit the nail on the head and my position is absolutely NOT going to change. This girl and her mother need a big fat dose of "the world does not revolve around me."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You need to be more specific. As far as the world revolving I think a few people need a good look in that mirror.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Is this specific enough for you Hught? Really?

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I respect you and CLEO, but don't understand how this is suppose to offset a silly position by the schools.

16. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Mark 16:15
    He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Matthew 28:19

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

How about preaching and proselytizing in the hallways between classes and in the cafeteria during lunch Hat? What about setting up a baptismal pool in courtyard or the parking lot? That's what Christianity calls its followers to do. Are you willing to make these accommodations too?

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, "silly" is in the eye of the beholder isn't it? There are ways to get those "silly" rules changed and being a donkey's behind isn't the way in my opinion. I think it's silly she wants to wear a nose stud in the first place, BUT ON HER OWN TIME, more power to her.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You know the answer to that! He will ignore your post just like all the others offering reasonable solutions to the issue.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well unfortunately this one will cost you and me as tax payers.

Again my position is to ban all religious items in the public schools, but if you are going to allow it for some, you allow it for all (even if you can't comprehend their religion).

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I am against school led religious activities. If an individual student wants to observe his or hers and no other student is forced to participate, then I have no issue with it. But be careful what you would allow. If schools allow your witnessing and proselytizing, then Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons, and all those who follow the commandment to witness will have that same right.

As to the religious validity of her beliefs, they are no more or less valid than those of Westboro Baptist. Is this the Christian message you wish witnessed or proselytized at school? As reprehensible as the Westboro Baptist message may be, it is protected under the 1st Amendment, as are the rights of the young lady in question.