What is Barnes and Noble planning for Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ron Still, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Press release due out this weekend.

2. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

I can't believe that they'd have anything planned for our area before locating at White Oak first. If they do though, it would be welcome.

3. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I thought Barnes & Noble was in financial trouble.

4. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Me too... like on the verge of bankruptcy :confused:

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

last i heard they were looking for possible buyers:confused:

6. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

IDK Ron. Are they donating books to your Library? That would be nice.

7. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Not books, but commercial book didsplay cases! Hurray!

Cam, a local resident and Barnes and Noble manager, thought of the Cleveland Library since they are updating several of their stores. Yesterday, one of our local volunteers from Shiloh Baptist Church drove to Burlington and brought back commercial book display cases. This morning two more volunteers headed over to High Point. I hope to see what they caught and be able to tell you tomorrow or Sunday. We are very excited.

The volunteers started building the new wood bookcases and need floor space to put a truck load of lumber and then work space.

WARNING: The place is a wreck since we don't have any floor space to shift and sit fixtures and merchandise. We will handle the expansion like we did the start and like other libraries have done in North Carolina - books fill the shelves and get the shelf labels and organization later. We simply do not have enough volunteers.

For customers paying for clothing, everything is half our already ridiculously low price. All clearance merchandise is half price. That is 25,000 items or more. We need the space.

We are still filling the bookmobile and need help getting it painted and water tight.

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Ron,
    what are the operating hours. Better half wants to come in and look at clothing for props for kid's photo shoots.