My Girlfriends Place

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4ME2KNOW, Apr 21, 2010.

1. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

When I get good service I want to shout it from the rooftops because it's so few and far between these days....so have you heard of My Girlfriends Place on Hwy 70???? This has to be one of Clayton's best kept secrets! But I'm gonna tell it!!!

This place is AWESOME!!! Husband and wife team Paul and Dawn Black own this salon. Paul did my haircut and highlights this past weekend and he is FABULOUS!! I felt so pampered and he had me laughing like crazy!

Here is the secret part....Dawn Black is known as the Waxing Goddess!! I have never had my eyebrows done without those ugly red marks that makeup won't even cover. I left and didn't feel like I had to hide my face till the swelling went down. She does not use the typical wax that pulls skin off and it didn't hurt near as bad. She has a list of waxing specialties....if ya know what I mean!

I found out about this place through a friend who told me they were having a special of buy highlights get the cut for free for April...but I don't plan on going anywhere else from here on out.

Check them out http://mygirlfriendsplace.vpweb.com/Services.html

2. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

Dawn has done my eyebrows too, she is awesome!!! If anyone else were to do it, I would have to go at the end of the day so I could hide out at home because of the redness. With her, I can go in the morning and go about my day no problem!

3. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Another vote here for My Girlfriends Place. I see Dawn for waxing and facials and Becky there is great for nails. Paul is in fact running his special for a free cut with highlights thru the end of April. They are wonderful people so do give them a try if you are looking to feel pampered!!

PS-Dawn just started carrying Dermalogica products for anyone who uses their skin care line. I am sooo excited to not have to drive into Raleigh when I am out now!

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'll have to check that out! I've only ever had my eyebrows done once! It looked like some one shaved them off and filled in a single line with a ball point pen. Swore I'd never do it again! But with reviews like this it sounds like it's worth a shot!

5. H3xKing

H3xKing Well-Known Member

when you title a post "My Girlfriend's Place" and the preview text starts with "When I get good service..." this thread is just one giant disappointment 8)

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

7. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Dawn rocks! Went today for a Brazilian and she did a fantastic job. By far the best in the area. If this is something you've been considering but weren't sure where to go, absolutely give Dawn a try. And she does a full Brazilian, which the girl I used to go to at Radiance and Pure didn't.

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Here's another vote for Dawn and Paul. Paul gave me the best haircut I've ever had a couple months ago. He told me that with the right haircut your hair should just fall into place and you shouldn't have to work at it. We also booked My Girlfriends Place for my daughter's recent wedding day. The bridal party and I showed up, we had arranged catering through someone they referred us to (Sherry's Signature Cheese Cakes-she is awesome!!!) and they took care of all our wedding hairstyles and makeup. We were pampered and had the most fun and relaxing day which really helped keep us stress free. Since then my daughter has had Paul cut and color her hair and it turned out wonderful! They have a Girlfriend's night each month where you can visit with them and tour the place and get "mini" services.

9. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

I have had experience at this facility as well. A few months ago, a group of us did a remake of Lady Gaga's 'Telephone' video. We filmed the dance scene in Jones' in downtown Clayton. Dawn did all the makeup for the dancers and extra's in the filming.

You can check out the link of the work she did-- she literally transformed myself into Lady Gaga and my friend into Beyonce. She did so much research and even had sketches of each dancer on what they should look like during the filming

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chuckw-pics/sets/72157624632207249/

In another few weeks, she is also going to be doing our makeup for a Halloween photo shoot.

I have also received dramatic and funky hair colorings from her husband, Paul.

10. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

LMAO , I was thinking the same thing. Shame I dont need a wax right now.
    But Will she wax my bike for me?

11. englishbullymom

Breast Cancer Awareness October "Pink Fridays"

For anyone interested in trying My Girlfriends Place and supporting a great cause at the same time, I just got a Facebook notice announcing a great package they are offering in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. You get a 1 hour massage, a manicure and pedicure, and a cut and style all for $150. That is a $30 savings and then a $20 donation will be made in your name to the Susan G Komen Foundation. If you'd rather treat someone special or even a cancer survivor you may know to a day at the spa instead of buying for yourself, they are offering Gift Certificates for the package from my understanding. Just wanted to pass the info along!

I'm a regular customer at My Girlfriends Place and these people really care about providing top notch pampering while giving back to their community! Here's a link to the Facebook page with the announcement http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=47801529338&v=wall

12. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have to ask what you paid for your brazillian and if you think it's worth it? One of my friends did it, but not around here though. She looks great and is going on day 7 with it still looking the same. Even after washing.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:confused: isn't a 'brazillian' a full 'lower' wax job? if so I'm wondering how you 'know' how it looks, after 7 days and after washing? :lol:

14. englishbullymom

I'm with you bandmom and confused. Rushlow, could you maybe be thinking of one of those Japanese straightening treatments for women's hair??

A Brazillian is a full "lower" job and Dawn charges $45 after the first time as long as you maintain it on a regular basis every 4-6 weeks. If it is your first time or she has to "start over" after 8 weeks, the charge is $60. Dawn is amazing!

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

brazillian is definitely the lower "job"

and all brazillian's should be washed daily.....

just sayin' :p

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Ok, I did google 'brazillian' and it also refers to a 'brazillian blow-out' hairstyle, as in straightening - so I hope that's what she was referring to! :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. englishbullymom

Hmmm, who on earth decided to name a "blow out hairstyle" brazillian too!!:lol: I mean they are both salon services with VERY different outcomes! I can just see myself now asking Dawn if she's every done a brazillian blow out:mrgreen:

18. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Just wanted to thank you for giving me a really good laugh today, I needed it.
    I was reading what you wrote and my eyes drifted to the picture of the squirrel and I still had your sentence about brazil nuts on my mind, lol! Just too funny.
    BIG THANKS!!!!!!

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

for the record, the brazillian blowout is the BOMB!! :mrgreen:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes. And I can't tell my male co-worker why!!