Nosestud as an religious symbol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 10, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And yet, once again, you ignore the repeated postings regarding the fact that she is NOT required by her religion to wear that nose stud 24/7.

Keep beating that dead horse, the ACLU is LOVING the attention.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

So what, Christians are not required to wear icons, but some choose too and are not kept from it.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And?? If Christians were in violation of the school dress code, I guarandamntee you we wouldn't be having this discussion.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It's not in their nose, Hugh. :lol:

<sigh> Today, you do not remind me of my dad. Do you know what dad would say here, Hugh? He would say, "Just what she needs, another hole in her head."

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Why, are you saying you wouldn't bring it up? Or are you saying the school bureaucracy would fold? I would say the later is more likely.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Deliberately obtuse tonight? I am clearly indictating that if it was a Christian raising a ruckous, then it would be shut down so fast it would make your head spin. Wouldn't even make a blip on the local news. But this chick who belongs to some fringe group wants to make a stink and here we are.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

If a Christian had a problem, they would homeschool or do private school. Ya know, shake the dust from their feet. That's why you wouldn't hear about it.

8. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Who should decide that? Why should a federal judge get to decide which religions are silly instead of a locally elected school board? This puts traditional values and local culture in the hands of the federal government. The solution is to end public education. This will become more apparent as time goes on.

9. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that Christians wouldn't act like this way in the first place. The whole thing is a publicity grab. America has become a nation of what I call the "Look at me!!" people. This girl (and her parents) just wanted to get on TV/Radio/Print. Too bad her parents are more interested in their daughter being a guest on The Jerry Springer Show than they are with her education.

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with freedom of religion. Just a bunch of attention whores, ACLU at the top of the heap, wanting their 15 minutes. :evil:

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Can I get an "AMEN!", brother?!!! :hurray:

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I agree 1000%.

these people are ridiculous.

13. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I don't mean to offend anyone here. But what kind of Church is the Church of body modification? What do the worship a needle, earring what?? Or is this just a way to get out of paying taxes? I fully believe you should stand up for what you believe in, but there is a difference between believing in something and being an idiot. The school has rules for a reason if her and her mom want her to keep it in then home school her or find an alternative. What a waste of attention being given to this.

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'm going to start my own church.....The Church of the Green Fairways and Golden Suds.

:lol:

15. KellBell

will you have a membership 'drive'?

:cheers:

16. KellBell

yep, yep...

17. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Just hand me a pair of plyers and we'll be done with it already. Oops, did I say that out loud?

18. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

If acceptable behavior is the litmus test for Christians, please explain the Westboro Baptist Church.

19. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

I think everyone has really missed what is going on here. I don't blame the kid or her Mother. I think this a publicity stunt orchestrated by this "church" to get the word out about their wack-a-doodle belief. It's pure grassroots PR, the kid is just the vehicle!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  20. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

WBC = NOT CHRISTIANS

The word Christian mean to be Christlike. If one is Christlike then the fruits of the spirit would be manifested instead of all that garbage they spew out. Paul lists the fruits of the Spirit as "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

Before you call me judgemental, Jesus said you would know a tree by the fruit it bears.

"Putting on Flame Suit"...