Nosestud as an religious symbol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 10, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

+1

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Started the membership drive last night at TerraFin....think I signed up a few people, but hard to tell from the the signatures I got....:jester:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sorry i couldn't sign up last night but you didn't include the Captain:lol::lol::lol:

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Captain and Crown would be reserved for our after service festivities.....at the 19th Hole.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, then count me in:cheers:

6. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

I don't need to explain them. I think what they are doing is deplorable, but until the Supreme Court makes them stop then the members of this church can continue doing what they do.

Isn't it strange how some people are so cautious to distiguish radical islam from regular islam, but will happily lump all Christians together.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Are we not talking about extremest here? Whether it is an extreme religion such as the Body Modifiers or these folks who claim to be Baptists.

The question is how much religious tolerance our country/citizens have.

8. Tom Servo

No, we're talking about parents who taught their child that you have to make a fuss to get what you want and a child who wants to have her face plastered everywhere. It's a silly issue and some folks want to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Look at Meeeeeeeeee, I'm on TVeeeeeeee!!​

[​IMG]

And I just had 258 add requests on Facebook! I'm famous!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  9. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Schools do not have the authority to deny a students rights, unless the student excercising those rights causes a disruption to the learning environment. A single nose stud is not a disruption to the learning process. The litmus test for these rules that try to limit a young American's rights should always be "Does it cause a significant disruption in the classroom?" If not than - Don't interfere!

The way that many people blindly follow the "rules", makes me wonder if the American Revolution would happen in today's society or would we just accept being under England's thumb.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Schools have the right to enforce their rules as they are written. If you want the rules changed then run for the school board or attend meetings. But don't break the rules intentionally to bring attention to your cause.

"Does it cause a significant disruption in the classroom?"
    Why should ANY disruption be allowed?

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Pay attention, because I am about to type reeaaaalllll ssssllllooooowwwwww for you. If I had an issue with the rules, then I would follow proper channels and see if I could get the rule changed. This does not mean "blindly" following jack squat. I would not show my *** in order to garner attention in the way these folks are doing. There are ways to accomplish what you wish without making a spectacle. But hey, once again, this was all stated previously about 15 pages ago. But I'm guessing you didn't bother to read all that.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Or we did and just figure that's just your opinion.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well gee Hught, it's "just" your opinion too, but I have a feeling your opinion is decidedly in the minority. Deal with it

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I acknowledge I am in the minority, but that doesn't mean I am wrong.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Doesn't mean I am either.

I flat out will not back down on this. Period. You all wanted religion out of the schools? Well, here ya go!! You made the bed, lie in it.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That's my point.

Either end it for all or let all do it.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

uh huh..............insert eye roll here.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That's fine . . . I hope it's a religious experience for yah! :lol:

19. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Pay Attention, I will try to enlighten you. The way that you do anything is not important to me. You must have a huge opinion of yourself to think that only people with your values are entitled to equal protection of the law. I do not think that this should even be a religious issue. It should have never gotten that far, but the school system is being stubborn. The girl should have been left alone unless she was a disruption in the classroom.

In TINKER v. DES MOINES in 1969 the court said "It can hardly be argued that either students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate."

Religion is not out of schools either. Only State/School sponsored religion is not allowed. A child is free to pray at lunch and read the Bible.

20. Tom Servo

You mean "The school system AND the girl are being stubborn" don't you?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010