Toothache Relief

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SunShine26, Oct 8, 2010.

1. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a safe toothache relief for a pregnant woman?? I got absolutely NO sleep last night and have tried everything from Anbesol, Orajel, Ice, Warm Compress...nothing seems to be helping.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Go to the dentist. Call up for an emergency appt. today. It could be something more serious than you think if no topical stuff is working.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

and quite honestly, there is no relief except going to the dentist.

4. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain! I am 34 weeks pregnant and have had a horrible tooth ache off an on. I went to the dentist last week and they could not find anything wrong. Months ago my ob told me that there is no calcium in the prenatal I am taking so they told me to take calcium supplement. I hate pills so I got the chewable kind. I forget to take it from time to time. When my tooth starts hurting, I take 2 of the calcium pills and drink a lot of milk. When i wake up in the morning the toothache is gone. Babies drain so much of your calcium when you are pregnant. I have learned after 3 sleepless nights that I better take that pill like I am supposed to.

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Is it upper or lower? Could be a sinus infection too. Thats happened to me before; was upper back teeth.

6. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me once. A tooth on the upper, back side of my mouth bothered me all weekend. I tried buying over the counter medications that weekend for toothaches ... but nothing helped. I saw a dentist 1st thing Monday morning ... only to learn that I needed to see a doctor for a sinus infection :)

7. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

ouch

I Have to agree that a dentist would be the best choice, but when i was a kid my dad would rather have sufferd then go to the dentist and he used to bite down on a whole clove and rub the contents on the affected area before he went to sleep. seemed to work for him. couldnt hurt to try it. good luck.
    GAM

8. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Have you tried the old Chinese method? They would suck on tea leaves, just take a tea bag and soak it for about 2 minutes....then suck on the wet tea bag....it'll taste nasty, but it should help.....It sure helped me when I had my toothache a few years ago....anything is worth a shot, right? Sorry you're in pain, but just think, soon, you'll have something new and precious to take your mind off all that pain! Congrats!

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yeah, you will have pain somewhere else to make you forget about your tooth:)