TerraFin Station - reviews only please

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok, as for the live music Friday nite, they said he is crossover Country which i guess is either Rockin Country or Country Rock? Sounds like it will be fun. Checked out the other side too, the Back Bar, and it looks great - they are moving the main bar to that side, will be set up by Friday so that will be the main bar area but the bar in the dining room will still be available. i am so amazed and impressed at all they have done to our ODS:hurray::hurray::hurray:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Had a great time Fri night and Johnny was really good, he played Bon Jovi:cheers: The back bar looks great and they are gonna have live music every Friday, so happy they decided to open in our little neck of the woods:hurray:

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I love that they run their "happy hour specials" all day long on Saturday and Sunday. Makes it a great place to stop by after playing a round of golf at Reedy Creek.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

My husband and I went for dinner (finally) Friday night. Started off with the lobster-shrimp cakes appetizer. They were pretty yummy. The actual cakes were cooked a little hard for me, but the flavor was great. For dinner, I had the "famous" lobster and shrimp mac & cheese and it was out of this world! The shrimp were very fresh and there was quite a bit of lobster too. It was heavenly. My husband had the NY strip steak. He likes his steaks medium rare, and other than Jimmy V's in Cary, this place is the only other place that brought him a true medium-rare steak. He loved it. It came with sweet potato fries and they were outstanding (and I am not usually a fan).

we were very satisfied with the food and the service was outstanding. we will definitely be going back!

5. CraigSPL

it's about time you got your butt over there to check them out.

As a side note on Saturday after golf me and a few buddies stopped in. I had the 1/2 lb. cheeseburger and the calamari. They had fish taco, lobster shrimp cake (twice) and the chowder.

Everything was good.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

got this email earlier - woohoo:cheers::cheers:

Hello everyone! We hope that you are enjoying this fabulous fall weather!

We have decided to keep Half Price Pastas on Wednesdays. Come out and enjoy any of our pasta dishes at half price. (dine in only please).

Once again Johnny Orr will be performing in the back bar area on Friday at 9PM. Bring your friends to enjoy some live music!

Starting next week (October 17th) we will be open for lunch 7 days a week! We are creating a special lunch menu that will offer smaller portions of our dinner entrees but will also have all of your favorite appetizers and sandwiches. We will open at 11AM daily with Happy Hour from 3-6 PM.

Mark your calendars for our Halloween celebration on Saturday, October 30th. Details to follow...

Hope to see you soon at TerraFin Station!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

7. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

they should get a mailing list for events and specials

8. CraigSPL

They have one, you just have to swing by and fill out the card to get added to the e-mail list.

9. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

Thanks!

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Woo hoo!! Someplace else to eat lunch! Praise be!!!

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If there were any pork ribs or chicken left today you could come over here today for lunch. :mrgreen:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I brought me some home made chili, so I'm good today! :jester:

13. harleygirl

That's good, the house LOOKS like somebody had a party last night :lol:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol: Mine stays thataway!

15. harleygirl

Nice!

There were ONLY 8 people plus the dog so it wasn't so bad; I think I'm OCD or ADHD because I clean up as I go.

I'll be taking a nap soon. :mrgreen:

TTYL

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Is there a link to their web site and menu?

17. CraigSPL

18. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

19. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Overall, I give them a thumbs up. A group of 7 of us ate at TerraFin last night. Everyone had something different ... and everyone enjoyed their meals. We will definately be back :) I hope this this place stays open for a l-o-n-g time!!

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We went last night for the 1/2 price pasta (it was posted on their blackboard that this is every Wed). We had the shrimp/lobster mac & cheese and the blackened salmon pasta dish. Both were very good - would be nice if they'd include a small (1/2 portion) salad with their entree. Not sure we'll frequent much due to the overall prices........we have to eat cheap these days! :lol: