Nosestud as an religious symbol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 10, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Great!! They found a sympathetic judge to kowtow. Isn't that just WONDERFUL! <heavy sarcasm> It's horse crap and now the flood gates will open. I bet ya in a few years there will be no dress code period along with a flood of religions glorifying self.

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

:?:

3. sassymom

my hope is that the school will grow a set and fight this.. if not then I say ban all jewerly.. I dont need a cross around my neck for someone to know I believe in God!

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

The Constitution prevails.

Sherry

5. Sherry A.

Out of curiosity.....how will the school fight this? On what grounds do you see them fighting this?

Sherry

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ahh............another instance of artful dodging. Not suprised.

7. sassymom

Because as stated before several times, this church does not state that a piercing has to be worn at all times, she can take it out for school then wear it the rest of the time.. please answer my other question... since I am answering yours..

8. Sherry A.

I do believe in rules and that a school must have them but when it comes to religious freedom we must adhere to just that. I doubt her nose stud is as distracting as some of the boys baggy pants. We must make rules that adhere to the Constitution. Individuals must fight within the system to make sure the rules are correct for all.

It's like banning books......who makes that decision and how far should we go? Tough one to answer.

I read where one father found out his daughter could not wear jeans with holes in them. My daughter bought a pair of jeans with holes in them and to compromise I sewed patches either over them or under each hole. Turned out cute. When she bent her knee she had a hole but the patch underneath showed a frog smiling. Things can be worked out, in my opinion.

Sherry

9. sassymom

still didnt answer the question Sherry...

10. Sherry A.

Well, repeat the question please. Guess I am lost on what was asked. I thought I answered it the best I could because this is a hard one on how far to take items. Just like my example of banning books.

Sherry

11. sassymom

Would this not be a distraction.... would this be tolerated by you at school.. This is what her church promotes so you are fine with allowing this at school..

Personally I would call for a ban of all jewerly no matter the reason before I would want to see this at my CHILD's school!

12. Sherry A.

Of course I would not want to see that and I don't see anyone wanting to do that in our school system.

It's like saying all girls should wear burkas and we could just make sure nothing showed at anytime. Extreme is extreme on either side.

Sherry

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's just it Sherry, it's a VERY slippery slope. Once again, her body is already modified, whether she wears the stud or not. Ya'll keep right on ignoring that FACT.

14. sassymom

Ok so now we are getting somewhere.. This girl has just gotten permission to do this from out great court system, so now what is to stop her from taking it to this extreme.. or any other student who wants to join this church to get there body modified and go to school.. Do you see where this could lead, that is the purpose of the rules that everyone wants to take down..

15. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

The slippery slope began here when a principal decides what religious expressions are allowed or disallowed. Your beef now should be with the federal judge who rendered the decision to reinstate this young lady.

Judge Howard is a combat veteran, wears both the Ranger and Airborne tabs, graduated from West Point, and was appointed by President Ronald Reagan. How can there be any argument with his decision?

This judge is by no means a commie pinko librul.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Good go fight O mans healthcare debacle.

17. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

should still be corporate punishment, if warranted.

18. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

KDC, Sherry will never agree with you on your statement I copied below. Read her story above. It clearly states she and her parents knew the rules about no pants but instead of going to the school first to try and work it out they choose to break the rules and get suspended first!
    “Some of you can't see the forest for the trees. There are procedures in place to change rules. Showing up at school repeatedly when she KNOWS she's going to be suspended for not following the dress code is showing your ***, not fighting for rights. Not one of you has given a single good reason why she can't follow the dress code other than the fact that she doesn't WANT to. Maybe her and her mother would like some cheese to go with that whine.”

And I reiterate this is the BIGGER issue:

After looking at the website for this “religion” I think her mother should be reported to the Department of Social Services for subjecting a minor child to these grotesque and sick rituals!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You are correct. And while I agree about her issue with the wardrobe, a visit to the school PRIOR to showing up in flagrant violation is in order. But apparently that's just not how she rolls..............making a stink is so much the better option.

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

It should be obvious that if the rules were being followed that the judge would not have decided as he did. If the principal had made the legally correct decision to begin with, this would have been no news at all.

Are you suggesting that all rules should be followed until changed? If so, what would propel any change to be made.