Nosestud as an religious symbol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 10, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

This whole thing should never have gotten this far. First of all the school has never said they were against her religion, however the manner in which she has "chosen" to display her religion is and has been against school policy. If she wanted to have her nose pierced, then she should have thought ahead enough (which teens and many parents seldom do) to plan to accomidate the school policy while in the mean time having the nose ring and attempting to get policy changed. All she had to do is as others have said it to temporarily replace it with a clear plastic stud that isn't noticable while in school.

For it to have gone this far and to make the national news such as MSNBC and to given it's own scrolling ticker, means to me is that she and her mother are both just attention whores who want their 5 minutes of fame.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

BINGO! and what I said from the beginning. It's a load of crap.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Not on a weekly or even monthly basis did I take her. I took her so she could learn about different religions and make her own decision, not for the values they instill.

Guilty conscience? Not in your lifetime, big guy, and she's no saint. You are going to be reincarnated as a nut. :mrgreen: And I hope squirrels store you away for a long time. :lol:

Sherry

P.S. Carry on.....sorry for the high jack.

4. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

This line of what you posted sums it up "Along the borders between modern secular society and the religious traditions that beyond which it has evolved, are periodic flashes of conflict." These articles talk about extremists. This girl is in a "religion" based on extreme and possibly harmful acts only!

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

SQ,
    I concede. Although I am a novice minister, ordained many years ago, have lived abroad and lived within different cultures, have tried to broaden my awareness of different religious aspects, your knowledge base trumps mine. You have judged their religious beliefs, apparently as invalid. I wonder who would sit in judgement of you and your beliefs.
    Blessings!
    Rev. H6

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Where did you go to seminary?

7. Suzie Q

Have you looked at the website? Would you allow your children to watch these rituals or better yet partake in letting them be suspended by their flesh with hooks in the name of what..... I am not sure from reading their webpage?

8. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

And how many people, in this world, do you let dictate how you raise your own kids?

Who are you, or anyone else for that matter, to tell how one set of parents raise their own kids?

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Christian Scientist & Jehovah Witnesses to name two.

10. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Don't know about Hat, but Jesus and his 12 disciples never went to seminary and they did a pretty good job.......

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We aren't talking about Jesus, now are we? If Hat wants to deride someone else's knowlege of religion, I want to know what his qualifications are. Which church does he preach at on Sundays? Or does he save his sermons for weddings and 4042?

I'm no expert and freely admit it, but I have also been to many different churches and had to take a very in-depth class on different religions before I was allowed to join the church I was a member of. I have had friends who were Mormon, Catholic, Jewish and even a few Hindu. I actually find the subject of religion fascinating, because when it comes down to brass tacks, most of them are remarkably similar.

12. Suzie Q

If I am a social worker and you are subjecting your children to grotesque and harmful things, I will dictate how you raise your children by order of the state and child protection!

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

All of this for a nose ring? Really???

Sheesh... I'd hate to see what would happen over a nipple ring or penile piercing. :mrgreen:

14. Suzie Q

I don't have a problem with her nose ring. I have a problem with her being taught the other rituals of this "church" Check out the website.

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the piercings... but if they go swinging their **** around in class to show it off then I'm going to have a problem.

:jester:

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

OMG!!! :lol::lol::lol:

18. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with the piercing in fact I know a few with these :mrgreen:.. just the way its all been handled..

19. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Ooooo...touchy touchy. Let's all go to the State Fair and we'll feel better!!:grouphug:

20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

As long as they aren't visable then there wouldn't be any issues what so ever with the school policy that prompted this.