Looking for (local) volunteer opportunities ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by doggy, Oct 17, 2010.

1. doggy

doggy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a reputable, local organization that needs volunteers a few hours a week. Nothing school or nursing home related, please. thanks!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL SUGGESTIONS. I NEVER EXPECTED SO MANY PEOPLE SUGGESTING SO MANY GREAT CHARITIES. I'M IN THE PROCESS OF LOOKING EVERYTHING OVER AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED. THANKS AGAIN!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Council on Aging Meals on Wheels. Call Karen at Clayton Senior Center
    (919) 553-4350

3. Crysta

Crysta Guest

The Cleveland Library and Basic Foods Ministry! I volunteer with a ton of different charities, and Ron and his crew are top notch! And you can bring your kids to help (if you've got em). :)

4. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Last time I heard, the Clayton Center was seeking volunteers.

5. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

The Hospital Loves Volunteers, so does the Good will.. The Library will welcome you with open arms. Check with the School district. they always need people. Cafateria stuff. also the Buss service needs extra people on the Lil kids busses. and one more. check with the local chamber of commerce. they will have a list of services that require you special tallent. and I always Thank a Volunteer. they make the World go arround.
    THANK YOU FOR BEING A VOLUNTEER.:hurray:

6. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

7. Hoof-Hearted

I Just found this in the want adds here.
    Cleveland Library
    5533 NC HWY 42 W Units D96-100
    Garner, NC 27529
    USA
    Telephone: 919-661-6565
    they are looking for Volunteers.:hurray:

8. Hoof-Hearted

Oooops me again. Here is another one that seems Graet.

Volunteers are needed to assist with the planning and set-up for Keep Johnston County Beautiful’s 2010 Festival of Trees scheduled for Dec 2-8, 2010 at the Johnston Medical Mall in Smithfield. There are various opportunities to help: unloading, trimming, set-up and removal of trees, watering poinsettias and trees, 2-hour host and hostess shift duties, emcees for entertainment, and decorating. Please contact Susan Woodard at 934-7156 ext.3 or visit the Festival of Trees website at jcfestivaloftrees.com.:hurray:

9. cece

cece Well-Known Member

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree: They really need "muscle" right now to move boxes of clothes around and books. They are changing things around and cannot get enough people in to help move stuff around.

11. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

If you enjoy working with kids & animals - you may want to check out Noah's Ark. If you are interested, pm me and I'll get you the name and telephone number for the owners. Thanks!