Vets Eat Free!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tom Servo, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

It's a little early, but I want to let everyone know that on November 11th (Veteran's day) veterans eat free at Applebee’s. Golden Corral holds their celebration on November 15th.

The info on Applebee's is:

Available during business hours on November 11, 2010 at participating Applebee’s only. The one at 4042 participates. Dine-in from limited menu only. Call local restaurant for times. Beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service. Acceptable forms of proof are military ID (Active or Retired), or membership card from any veteran's organization. Military members currently serving (Active, Reserves, or Guard) may also wear their uniform as proof.

Info for Golden Corral is:

Monday, November 15, 2010
    No identification is required for the service member, but please be honest. Saying you do when you don't or did when you didn't should be a crime.
    Call the local restaurant for times.
    http://www.goldencorral.com/military/faq.asp

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

would a DD-214 count as acceptable documentation? Course I probably do have my temporary ID card I was issued when I seperated.......not that it's any good date wise.

3. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

this is great! although they should be provided some sort of discount on a regular basis if you ask me. thanking our vets shouldn't wait for one day a year...but while i'm here, thank you! :hurray:

ok, so i have to confess when i read the title of this thread originally i thought i was going to be reading about how veterinarians were going to get some perks for all their hard work. ;)

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

DD214 should suffice Craig.

5. Tom Servo

Yes, DD 214 would work. Thanks for adding that. A VA ID Card will also work.

6. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Simply go to the VA and get an ID Card. I just got mine about 3 weeks ago. they are looking for all Vets to sign up. and it cost you nothing. Go Bro. Go.

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

BUMP for the Vets!

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, DH can get breakfast AND lunch! :hurray:

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Where did you go and what do you have to provide?

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Not sure if the Outpatient Clinics can do it. I believe you gotta go to the VAMC in Durham or Fayettenam.

11. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I went to the Out patient clinic. all I showed them was a Copy of my dd-214.
    They said sign here. and go get a picture tacken and then they sent it to me in the mail within 4 days. It was funny cause I dont usualy smile. But the lady taking the pick said to me Pretend that I just hit the lottery. Well hell yea I giggled and she took a fairly decent pic. I ok'd everything and it was processed then and there. Very nice peeps. They were very helpfull and Nice. Not what I expected from the VA.
    They told me about all kinds of stuff I did not know of. so yes I will be getting new Glasses and a Hearing aide. All of a sudden I Love the VA. Never thought that would come out of my mouth.
    So In Long..... Go to the VA Clinic and gitter done.:hurray:

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Where is the Out Patient Clinic? I need to know for DD.

13. Tom Servo

I've been going to the VA in Durham for years, and they have always been top-notch. I've never had a bad experience there whatsoever. Glad it worked out for you.

14. Tom Servo

Hoof might be talking about the outpatient clinic at the hospital in Durham, but there is a clinic in Raleigh. The address 3305 Sungate Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27610-2871 and their number is (919) 212-0129. Give them a call and see if they can hook you up. ‎

15. Tom Servo

Bump for all us Veterans. Enjoy the day and have a nice meal!