Best Neighborhood for Trick-or-Treating on Oct. 31st?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KB2, Oct 17, 2010.

1. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

i dont know how to do the little smiley guy with the sign that says i agree so i guess ill type it out I AGREE!!!!!! i loath when i see someone droping a van full of kids off at the front of our neighborhood! if you dont like your hood you shouldnt have moved there! im not trying to be mean but really!! we all like to be with OUR friends and neighbors on these holidays. stay in your own hood and make new friends. if the kids are to tired then oh well put them to bed and enjoy a quiet evening. IMHO.:)

2. granola acres mayor

Well with that said why not ask your kids what they prefer? as long as they are old enough to have an opinion of their own.

3. granola acres mayor

sorry for being mean today guess im in a bad mood!

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What about kids who don't live in subdivisions?

<shaking my head and not believing what I am reading>

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

They aren't allowed to go trick-or treating. They should stay home.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, 'cause their sucky parents didn't buy a house in a S/D.:?

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

We don't live in a subdivision like kdc mentioned, what should I do with my 4 and 5 year old?

8. nsanemom22

Hey! I bought that Zac Brown cd for DH while ago as a surprise for when he comes home today. Listening to it now on youtube. It's great!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOVE ZBB!! Like the second album that just came out, but not quite as much as their first one. Worn it out! :lol:

10. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

We are in Shadow Lakes, and our neighborhood does halloween real big!!

Personally, we set up a haunted house in our garage, and the more the merrier!!
    Plenty of candy to go around!

The one thing I will say is please be respectful and more importantly..CAREFUL!
    Do not come driving through the street at 50mph...there are a lot of kids on the street, and each little ghoul and goblin is priceless...drive safe!

11. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

They are only allowed to trick-or-treat at your house. You have to make sure that they only come to the door once and then you are required to turn the front porch light. That way they won't try to hog all the candy! Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

P.S. If I were you I would also check their I.D.'s to make sure they belong in the neighborhood :lol:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  12. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

:lol:

13. nsanemom22

And you have to own your own home.

14. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

First of all I don't have a problem with people coming to our neighborhood - the more the merrier and its all about fun for the kids.

But I do have to agree it's frustrating when I can't take my child out safely because all of the big SUV's that stop and start in front of every house AND speed like it's a racetrack. I'm not talking one or two vehicles - I'm talking 15-20 and my neighborhood is not that big & the streets aren't very wide. Park & let the kids walk - that's part of the fun!

And this may be just me but...if the kid is pushing 20 it's time to stop trick or treating and the people who bring tiny babies (6 months & younger) with a trick or treat bag is just odd. Its one thing to want to take them around with older siblings and show off their cute costumes but do you really think the baby wants the candy?

15. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

:iagree: I've never seen such selfishness! Turn your lights off and don't give any at all. I hope nobody finds out what S/D u live in cause your house will likely be toilet papered or egged! I guess when they were kids, the didn't go trick-or-treating!

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Well.... i guess if you don't want outsiders coming to your S/D buy a roll of golden tickets and put them in the mailboxes of your neighbors. or better yet you can stamp all their hands.... ooooh ooooh ooooh, maybe you can even give them a secret pass word.

Kid "Trick or treat!!"

Candy nazi "what's the password?"

kid "huh?"

Candy Nazi "NO CANDY FOR YOU, now go!"

kid "umm, ok"

candy nazi - "do you have a golden ticket?" "willy wonka is my idol"

17. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

18. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

:iagree::hurray: