Rant of the day...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 26, 2010.

1. emilie

emilie Well-Known Member

Re: I want a real post office

:allears:
    As operator of the 40/42 CONTRACT Post Office I am sorry for your feelings. We try our best to service our community to the best of our ability. It is our goal. With the budget we cannot overstaff so we cannot ALWAYS have two people on hand incase we have to make a quick run across the street to the bank the few times we have to for change and return within only a few minutes and a sign is posted so you don't THINK we are closed during that very short period of time. We are a contract postal unit for those who want the added convenience of paying Post Office prices for "better than a real post office service" as some people have put it. We appreciate our customers very much and do as best a job possible as we can for them. We put in LONG hours to fulfil our obligation in running our unit and we appreciate our customers very much and their support. We are open LONGER hours during the week than the regular Post Office by OUR choice to service our community better and provide for those who are coming back from work. We are open 9-6 on Saturdays BY CHOICE so that the community has a place to go since the REAL post offices close at 12. I am sorry that you are disappointed but be rest assured that we do our best job possible. For those who want to go to a "real" post office there is one off Main Street in Clayton and one in Timber Drive in Garner. I am not offended by your feelings or your preference in going somewhere else but am definately going to defend the committment and service of our business. You can feel free to call me at 919-673-4660 to express any further concerns. -ES

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Re: Post Office

I came here to rant about something else but will put my two cents worth in on the post office.

I AM SO THANKFUL for them!!! There have been many times I needed to get something post marked and my 2 local post offices were closed, but I could run here by 6PM. The people there are always so nice and courteous and I can't ever leave without finding a knick knack, toy or earrings for my kids.

Although I could understand the frustration from your experience on that particular day, I hope you will give them another chance. Small family owned businesses are what make a community great!!!

Hmmm being thankful for something makes what I came here to rant about not seem so significant.

Happy Hump Day!

3. emilie

emilie Well-Known Member

Thanks for your compliments, I don't know who you are but thank you and people like yourself for your support. We really try very hard to please more than anything though we can't all the time. Thanks again. E & J

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I did a boo boo. Sorry lady.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Telemarketers = :ack::ack:

I SWEAR if I could reach thru the phone I'd strangle them, all of them.

6. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I totally agree. We must have been there at the same time.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I don't really get bent out of shape by solicitors on the phone, except those that won't take no for an answer. Lots of businesses do it. Heck, I even got one from the newspaper the other day wanting to sell me a subscription. As long as they do not persist once I say no, I can tolerate the few calls I get from them.

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Em,
    You and Joe are a community asset. I never mind finding the "Back in ten" sign, as I know you guys are running your business as best you can. We do appreciate the extra long hours and the unequalled service y'all provide.
    If the "Real PO" operated as conscienciously as you guys, they'd never hear any complaints.
    Thanks a mill...
    H6

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Ask them if they can call you back later cause you are in the middle of having sex. That'll get 'em!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

If i don't recognize the number i don't answer the phone. Telemarketers drive me crazy and i do not have time to listen to their spills. i figure if it is important they will leave a message:lol:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Rant of the day - if you are a Service Company and you say you are going to call today to set an appt, DO NOT just show up to do the work & screw up my whole lunch hour:evil::evil:

13. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

POLENTA PARENTS: If you are getting ready to pull out from your child's elementary school in the morning onto 1010, please get off of your cell phone, at least set it down for a moment so you can concentrate. Better yet, wait until you have turned onto 1010 before getting onto your cell phone so that you are away from all of the cars with kids in them. Even better, stay off of your cell phone while you're driving, especially if it's not a hands-free set up. I had two cars almost hit me at the same time as I tried to turn onto Josephine from 1010 in front of Polenta today, one trying to turn left and one trying to turn right. At--the--same--time:banghead:. Both drivers were on their cell phones and distracted. I guarantee you that I am not going to be nice to you if you wreck me because you were talking on your cell phone.

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

They must be talking to all the ditzes at West Clayton.

I saw one day before yesterday, had traffic backed up to the road while she texted. Cars had already pulled away from her and had gone on into the parking lot while she sat at the top near the entrance and texted. She'd glance up and roll a few inches. It didn't even register that everyone had moved on. My truck sits probably two feet higher than most cars... I can practically see the letters they are hitting on the key pad. :roll:

As far as being on the phone while picking up and dropping off the kids. It your kid! Hang up! Aren't THEY worth your attention? :roll:

15. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

If you are going to quote Bible verses to show someone a thing or two, just remember to be humble and maintain a sweet spirit. Otherwise, you do more harm than good. That also goes for the Facebook posters with no ballz unless they are behind a keyboard.

16. harleygirl

If the bank opens @ 9 why aren't they answering the phone?
    Both Clayton & Garner locations.

:banghead::banghead:

17. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Not sure but could they be closed for Veterans Day?

18. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

Banks are closed on Veteran's Day. It's a Federal holiday.

19. harleygirl

20. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Take the signs down!

The election is over --- clean up the roads with those trashy signs! You put them there - you take them down!