Early Voting

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nope! I did on Saturday! 8)

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

C6 was # 781 at JCC-Cleveland. I was # 782.
    Question...
    there were ballots marked 01 and 02. What's the difference? Is one targeted towards the favored party in the county and those get counted, and the others shredded? :twisted:

3. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

I was #1184 in Smithfield yesterday.

Ballot 01 is the ballot which has Rep JH Langdon's NC Congressional District on it - which is the district I am in.

Ballot 02 is the ballot which has Rep Leo Daughtry's NC Congressional District on it.

The district you live in determines which ballot you are given.

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

correct
    2 different NC House Districts.
    They semi split JoCo into North & South areas.

5. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I am still looking for a sample ballot for Cleveland North

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

All white?

7. jumpin4joync

1) Go to the NC Board of Elections website
    2) click on the tab "My Election Information" that helps you look up your own voter registration
    3) enter your first name, last name and county in the boxes provided

your own voter registration will come up on the screen

4) click on My Sample Ballot tab below all of your demographics
    5) your ballot for your polling location will open up

6) click on "Judicial Voter Guide" below your demographics for your Judges races
    7) click on "My Districts" for a listing of all of the districts you are in

8. Just voted 8)

9. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

JC School Board

Is there any public meetings where JC School Board candidates are discussing what their goals are?

10. jumpin4joync

There have been a few events over the past couple of weeks of candidates forums for school board and other races.

There was one event especially for the school board last Thursday evening in Clayton.

This coming Saturday morning is the last event I am aware of.....

The Johnston County Retired School Personnel is organizing a candidates' forum for candidates for the Johnston County School Board, NC Senate, NC House and Johnston County Sheriff's races. The candidates' forum will be this Saturday, Oct 23rd, at the Public Library of Johnston County and Smithfield, 305 E Market Street, Smithfield, 10:00am until noon.

11. Emma Caroline

I tried this and it did not recognize me or my husband as voters. We have lived her for 10 years and always voted so I could not figure out what the problem was.

12. jumpin4joync

You must use your name as given on your voter registration card and not the name you might go by daily. "Douglas" not "Doug". Many times men go by their middle name and not their first name and that possesses a hinderance in looking up their voter registration. I've had men tell me their name is "Bill" so I look up William and Bill. Come to find out William is their middle name and Eric is their first name.

You are able to place " * " in the box and the first initial of the name and it is suppose to bring up anyone who has a name that begins with that letter

Example: Joseph Jones is looking up his voter registration. He can enter *J for the first name and Jones for the last name and select "Johnston" as the county. Every last name Jones with a first name which beings with the letter J will appear.

If that does not work then I would seriously consider calling the NC Board of Elections with your concerns because if you are registered - then you are suppose to come up following those directions. Especially if you enter your birth date.

The only other thing I can think of is if your internet browser has an issue. When I was using Internet Explorer 6 when everyone was using 8 - I could not access some information on that website. I was forced to download 8 in order to view many parts of that website.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

The Cleveland Campus -JCC "One Stop" Poll is now set up and will be OPEN THURSDAY at 11am till 7pm weekdays, 9-1 on SATURDAY.

14. Emma Caroline

How do I know which sample ballot I need--I am in cleveland north 1