Long-neck Schlitz.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tukasiya, Oct 20, 2010.

1. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Anybody know where I can find some long-neck Schlitz other than in a bar? Food Lion sells the cans but not the bottles. There's nothing like a cold long-neck. Thanks.

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

A museum, maybe??? ;)

3. dgsatman

Actually, all jokes aside, IGA in Smithfield might have them. Other than that, you might call the distributor (ask the manager at the grocery store who delivers the Schlitz), and see if they even carry long necks in this area.
    Me personally, I would like to find some Schlitz dark draft. It was one of the first beers that I learned to drink (Yeah, I know, I'm showing my age), and I would really like to see if it's as good now as it was then......Smart money says, probably not! :)

4. Just buy your paint remover at Lowe's. :lol:

5. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Your grocery store might be able to special order some if you ask. When I was younger, I worked in a grocery store and our policy was to get the item for the customer if we could.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

olde english 800 is another favorite

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And Colt 45

[​IMG]

8. tukasiya

Thanks for the info. I haven't had any Schlitz in a long time. I am getting together with some high school buddies and we all were weaned on Schlitz. I thought that some cold Schlitz would bring back some memories. I think it's better in a bottle.

9. dgsatman

Ahhhhh, the memories..... 8)

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I grew up in Milwaukee and wouldn't touch the stuff and didn't know too many that would. Of course my favorite was PBR long-necks, but I wouldn't drink any of the crap that came from their non-Milwaukee breweries.

11. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

What about a wine and beer store?

12. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

not sure who owns or bottles them anymore, but i always liked old milwaukee.

13. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

theres a place on person st that has about any beer made.

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

"long neck bottle, let go of my hand"

15. tukasiya

"long neck bottle, let go of my hand"

Is that a line from a song? I would like to hear that one.

I called the old Party Beverage out on Western Blvd., but I could not understand a thing the person said. Maybe they didn't understand me and thought that I said something offensive. Think about it. I still don't know if they sell Schlitz.

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Garth Brooks song.

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I saw PBR longnecks at Food Lion not too long ago. I think it was the new one @ Riverwood. I didn't even know PBR came in a bottle, let alone longnecks. It was about 7 bucks for a 12 pack.