What day are the kiddies trick-or-treating?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Katt9, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Katt9

Katt9 New Member

I know it's officially on Sunday night but sometimes neighborhoods do it on Saturday? How does it work here?

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Please do a search...there's an entire thread about that on here.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Benson, Clayton and Smithfield are all Saturday.

4. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

Benson, Clayton and Smithfield are all Saturday.

Clayton is on the 31st.

5. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Halloween is October 31st.

some towns are asking folks to trick or treat on Saturday (which is completely ridiculous, it's not Halloween), but no law says you can't on Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  7. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

In the clayton paper last week they had a articel stating that halloween in clayton is Sunday Oct 31.That's when i am going with my kids!

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Just go both nights, after attaching 40 million black dots of fabric to make a Dalmation costume... I'm getting some damn candy for it. :lol: ;)

If you want to save money (and teeth) go on Saturday and then Sunday, give that candy out at your house. The kids will be impressed with your variety.

9. KellBell

so smart and gorgeous too! :mrgreen:

10. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Well, if anyone wants candy and spooks at my house it will be on Sunday the 31st...Halloween!!!:twisted:

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

Nice new *location*

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

They should just move Trick or Treating to the last Saturday of October every year. That would solve this issue, other years it would keep the kids from having to do it on school nights and from parents trying to rush home to get the kids dressed.

You're welcome, this solved problem was free, future resolutions may be purchased separately or in bulk.

13. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

That is a really good idea. But meanwhile my porch light will be off on Saturday...everyone's welcome on Sunday, though!

14. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I'll take a gross, if they're all THAT good!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

15. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

:twisted::evil:IF they want anything from me they better come Saturday night. Sunday will be lights out!!!

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Sunday?

17. Crysta

Crysta Guest

It is hysterical how this has become such an issue around here. We recently found out that a rouge group of moms in our subdivision have decided to trick or treat on Saturday night. Not sure if this is for religious reasons or it just works better for their schedule, but the rest of us will have our porch lights off on Saturday. I guess they'll do the same on Sunday. How odd.

18. KellBell

:?:
    good luck with that!!

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

That's funny.

I can see a band of serious moms stomping around in people's yards expecting candy just because it's Saturday.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  20. KellBell

and then come back on here on Monday and fuss because their kids ended up having to go trick-or-treating twice.

:lol::lol: