Prayers to the Family of Grant Bleeker

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Crysta, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Little Grant passed away this afternoon. There will be a memorial service at Holy Cross Lutheran Church on 42 on Thursday, October 28 at 7:30pm. The church is also accepting donations towards flowers and Grant's Memorial Fund.

Our prayers are with little Grant and his family.

2. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

:grouphug:My hearts breaking for them. They are such wonderful people. They've definately been in my prayers ... and will continue to be.:grouphug:

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

So sad. We were hoping to go to the service but will be out of town Thursday. His family is in our thoughts. Just so sad.

4. busymama

busymama Well-Known Member

I am so broken hearted to hear this. My kids and I have been praying for him every night. They will also be so sad to hear this when I tell them tomorrow. The family will remain in our prayers.

5. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

So difficult. I know this has been a long six months for the family. I understand Grant said he knew Jesus before he passed. I just can't imagine what his family is going through now.

6. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

{{{Hugs to Gary and family}}}

:cry:

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Prayers to them

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm saddened to hear this. :cry: :grouphug: Prayers for the family.

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Who is he and what happened to him?

10. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I was never fortunate to meet him, however I have heard alot about him.

Grant was a young boy, around 9 or so that was diagnosed this past spring with a cancerous brain tumor. He and his family have been very active in the community. I heard of him as he was a child that went to the same daycare/before and after school facility my kids go. I know he was also an active member of the boy scouts. Also, last month there was a big Star Wars themed fund raiser for him at Oakland Presbytirian (sp?) He's been fighting a good fight and had a positive and delightful attitude. His parents only had him for a short time but he has affected many!

11. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

He also played soccer for several years at GCAA along with his brother. A lot of people have been affected by his life and his loss.

12. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

:grouphug: Prayers go out to his family

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Wow, sorry to hear that. I pray his family is ok. Very tough to lose a child so young.

14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

God has all his little children covered.

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::cry: