Doctor Recommendation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by meanreen, Oct 26, 2010.

1. meanreen

meanreen Well-Known Member

Looking for a good Doctor in the Smithfield/Selma/Clayton area that is accepting new adult patients on Medicaid. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't know if they are taking new patients or not.... but you should give
    Clayton Medical a call. Dr. Joan Meehan is very good and so are the other doctors she works with . They are located at the corner of Guy Rd. & Hwy 42.

553-3900 is their phone #

(Not to be confused with her ex-husbands practice Meehan Medical at the corner of Shotwell and Amelia Church Rd. in Clayton - I don't know anything about them.)

3. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Call JMH and see if they have a referral line. WakeMed's is 350-8900. They should be able to give you the info you need.

4. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

I love Dr. Joan Meehan. I have been going to her for the last 25 years. She is awesome! My husband goes to her ex husband, David Meehan and has had no problems so far.

5. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

They don't accept Medicaid patients though.

6. sugarfine4

sugarfine4 Guest

I dont know an MD that takes Mediaid, but Riccobene Associates Family Dentistry takes Medicaid. Hope this info helps.

7. meanreen

Thanks for all the info. The only one I could find was Benson Medical Center.

8. meanreen

Still looking any new suggestions? Benson Medical IS NOT taking new patients.

9. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Someone I know was looking for a dr that takes Medicaid....not too many are taking new patients. What was suggested to her is to contact the Medicaid off and they should be able to give you a list of drs accepting new medicaid patients. There are not very many though. I know she seemed to go through the phone book looking for someone. Good luck and hope you find one.

10. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Have you tried Horizon in Smithfield. I. however, go to a doctor in Wilson for past 16 years.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Not sure if it would meet your need, but the PA at the CVS Clinic at 4042 is a very nice, compassionate lady. I would definitely recommend her for anything minor and temporarily until you find a more permanent healthcare provider. I will definitely consider her as a back up (over urgent care) should I need to be seen and my regular doc can't get me in.