A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

So the schools have these pretty strict dress codes.

Have they ever looked at the shorts they give the volleyball players to wear on the court in front of everyone? :shock: :shock: ... I mean ... I would say wow, but WHOA is more like it.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

they're probably religious shorts. that's how they get away with it. :p

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

At least the school doesn't have a "beach" volleyball team.

4. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I know quite a few girls that would have played volleyball except that there was no way they were going to wear those in front of their schoolmates, which I think is sad. One of my kids said the cheerleaders this year have longer skirts because of dress code issues...time for a review of the volleyball uniform?

5. mnredsky

It's not just the length of the shorts either! They are so skin tight you could see a pimple on their arse if you really wanted too!

6. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I haven't seen them but my Daughter had made a comment about them being really short and showing a lot.

What's with the outfits the dance team wears at the football games? I'm not a fan of those either. I'm just glad my Daughter is on the Cheer team and gets to wear a skirt.

7. ZUMBAbyMARIE

Random thought....If YOU don't want YOUR dog's poo* in YOUR yard what makes you think I want it in MINE? I'm about to go "postal"!!

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

:iagree: Spandex overkill. :ack:

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Why are r/c cars so loud? And why do children find them so enjoyable so early in the morning? [​IMG]

10. CraigSPL

I found Garner's Senior wrestling team for ya.

[​IMG]

11. ZUMBAbyMARIE

:ack: Thanks, Now I think I'll skip lunch.

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I find people using umbrellas when it's sprinkling outside funny. I've never really "understood" umbrellas. Seriously, I've never melted in the rain. And you can't fit more than one person underneath it, and you're going to get wet getting in/out of car or wherever you're going because you have to open or close it. I keep one in my car to keep hubby happy, but I refuse to use one.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Funny, I dont use one either.

14. ZUMBAbyMARIE

I took the kids to Wet and Wild this Summer. When it started to rain people were running for cover. Seriously?? You've been in the water all day. :lol:

15. CraigSPL

On a serious note, you never know in those situations when lightning may strike, and the last thing you want to do is be standing in a pool of water should it happen.

Better to play it smart and be safe under a cover than standing out in the wide open in such a situation.

16. KellBell

obviously you guys have never had to walk from a parking garage or lot to a building where you work.

When I worked on a college campus, it was at least a 2 block walk from parking garage to my building. where I work now, about a block. When I lived in LA, from my house to the bus stop, then bus stop to work building (and back on the way home). You 'get' what an umbrella is for. :)

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Who's that I see walkin in these woods....

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Walking blocks, I could understand. I'm talking about the people running to their car parked 30 feet away when it's sprinkling out.

19. KellBell

I know, right? if it's just drizzling, I will just dash for it even now!! :mrgreen:

20. mnredsky

Oye ... here we go with another crazy