PLEASE OF CRAP DEPUTY FIRED WJHS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FFF, Oct 26, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Now is she had said with his nutz a dragging I would totally agree.

:mrgreen:

2. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Agreed. PRM, Cleo, the monkey and a few others are the reasons why I know I don't have to post very often because they have the common sense handled and dished out. No different in this thread :cheers:

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

the monkey? ny gorilla or buzz monkey.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

so far off the mark.....it's actually comical.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

nice try....:?

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

When his guns go a-blazing' he's usually on target. Damn good aim for a squirrel.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

If you have to ask...

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hey now! If you mess with the squirrel you are messing with the whole tree of nuts! :boxing:

10. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

How's this...Officer Fair is not completely innocent, apparently, because the sheriff's office made a statement that Officer Fair, who is married, admitted wrongdoing by sending inappropriate pictures to a student, who presumably is female, and he has as a result been fired. Having said that, it would be ill-advised for people to jump to conclusions about the exact nature of the photos and to make rash judgements against him before knowing all of the facts and until he is proven guilty, or innocent, in a court of law, if it goes to criminal trial.

Now, can you understand what I am trying to say about the student's situation as well? It would not be right to make suggestions or insinuations about her character, etc. without knowing details of the situation, which are not publicly available.

I haven't said anything negative about Officer Fair in this whole thread, and not sure why I am being accused of it. As a matter of fact, I believe I mentioned that my child was just dumbfounded because it seemed so out of character for him to be involved in something like this. Unfortunately for him, he seems to have made a really bad choice in his interactions, as he is still fired.

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I do believe that we understand. I believe that in matters like this, it takes 2 to tango. Certainly, it would be reasonable to infer that if the student involved was being targeted by Mr. Fair, that the school leadership would have been at the forefront. It sounds as if the school was as surprised as anyone else.

And, although unlikely, have you considered that in the grand scheme of things, the communications between them may have been nothing that isn't seen on TV, say on 2.5 men, or other shows?

I'll agree that the context of the situation matters. I believe that we all agree that Deputy Fair 'manned up' over this. Is it possible that given the local situation politically, that on other times, the matter might have been handled differently? I think so. I would imagine it not to be to the High Sheriff's benefit in the week before elections are cast, that he doesn't want to appear 'soft' on shenanigans by his officers, or that he isn't in complete control of the department.

I've seen many folks "fall on their swords" or strongly urged to do so to spare unflattering light cast higher. They call that taking one for the team. Few have the sense of honor that Officer Fair has showed. He's admitted mistakes, and he and his family will pay a great price for his choices. At least he didn't try to weasel out of it, as many people, caught outright with illegal or inappropriate behaviors, have done.

12. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

It is an unfortunate situation for all involved. My oldest is a junior at West. He told me he does not believe it or that he just can't believe it. I explained that as hard as it is to imagine, the gentleman admitted to it and that it is best to let it go. People make mistakes. NO ONE is exempt from that. But I told him that I'm sure that this man is sorry for what he did and will be dealt with accordingly. I think he kind of looked up to him in a way. I told him that I was sure the officer was still a good person at heart and probably a dern good officer. He made bad choices and we need to let him get through this the best way he can.

As far as the student goes, he or she needs to be held accountable atleast to the degree of giving his or her cell number to him. There is no reason they should have done that. And it does not say how long this may have been going on either. If this is the only time and it has been caught, that's one thing. If there has been numerous times in the past, that makes it a different ball game all together.

No one knows and all the details may never be known....the TRUE ones anyway. It's time to let this thing be handled and let the parties involved alone now.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The first paragraph pretty much sum's up my thoughts as well. I just don't have the eloquence to put it in words without offending someone. Apparently bad decisions were made, I would bet he regrets it and if it's true he has a family then the fact that he is now unemployed is only the beginning of his problems.
    As for the second paragraph, I don't necessarily disagree on what responsibility the student has, I just don't know enough information to make a qualified opinion. One thing that seems certain to back up your statement is that it is highly likely that there were things that happened led to the text messages. I doubt that an offending JPEG was the first interaction between these two.

14. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

well said

15. VolleyGrl

For the love of goodness would people stop being in denial about what the nature of these photos could have been. People, the case was referred to the DA. Let's ask ourselves what kind of photos an adult would have to send to a minor for such a thing to take place? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please.

16. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

So your information as to the student's age and the nature of the pictures comes from where?

17. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

May have just been something that the High Sheriff wanted to get off his desk, so he could say that he didn't interfere with what should have been investigated.

Crap gets referred to the DAs office a lot more often than they prosecute. And, with no arrest being made, sounds as if there is enough reasonable doubt as to the legality of the messages, just not the impropriety.

Sounds as if a lot of folks want to give him a fair trial and then hang him.

Let's wait for the facts.

18. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

Wise words

19. VolleyGrl

I'll hate to say I told you so. Good people do bad things sometimes. That's life.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  20. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Just because you may ultimately be proven right doesn't mean that it was right to speculate as to guilt or innocence before ALL the facts are in.....which they may never be. :?