veterinarian

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mgzd, Nov 2, 2010.

1. mgzd

mgzd Well-Known Member

I've tried searching the boards, but can't find a thread.
    So I'll ask, can anyone recommend a good, local veterinarian?

2. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Clayton Animal Hospital or if you have alot of pets....Purr and Bark Mobile Vet..

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are several, and I would imagine that each one of us loves our own. I would imagine that you will want to find one near your home.
    Plantation Animal Hospital is where I take my little buddy, they are very good, but most people on this board live on the other side of town.

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

i 2nd clayton animal hospital! dr. barzola knew exactly how to fix my dog's skin when 2 others prior did not. all the staff is very sweet and also understanding of my LOUD (though nice) dog. ;)

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a haul, but right now I am loving Stage Road. Clayton Animal Hospital was useless for my dogs skin issues, so to each their own. 8)

6. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

glad you found someone that could help! my doc (clayton animal hospital), if i remember correctly, had interned at the dermatology dept at ncsu vet school...sometimes it is all about getting paired up with the right doctor. i think the previous 2 we had were great vets...my doggie was just too "special" for them. ;)

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I third with Clayton Animal Hospital. Dr Beam works wonders with the Acupuncture. It has helped Laila tremendously. And since I got laid off and been back at school they have been letting me make pre payments towards the shots and such.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think it was the vet, and it wasn't any of the ones mentioned in this thread.

Hard for a dog to have flea allergies when they don't freaking HAVE fleas, but whatever. :lol:

9. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

mine was that he had fleas terribly before we rescued him (by all accounts within months of not making it)...and his skin and body has never recovered from that even though there's been none since...gets itchy at the drop of a hat. but between dr. barzola and the vet school (and quite a bit of cash, honestly), he's a fuzzy, happy guy now.

10. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I have been around the block with vets in the Clayton/Garner area and I ended back up at Clayton Animal Hospital. I like Dr. Beam. If you are shopping prices, in my experience, they are higher than others.

11. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

12. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Stage Rd. Animal Hospital or Carolina Crossing Veterinary Clinic.

13. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Hmmm... here goes my input ...

Clayton Animal -- good if you have time to sit and wait long periods of time. Nice ppl but never failing on having had to wait extreme times (and yes, appt was made) as if I had nothing else to do.

Robinson -- too much turnover of docs/techs and some "personality-belief" conflict. Hadn't been myself in years but the turnover statement is from a friend who's thinking of moving on away from them...

Old Stage -- never personally been but hear of Lots of people who go & have heard nothing bad anytime.

Carolina Crossings (McGee Xrd) -- good and pretty reasonable. Hours are not as good as other locations though. Staff is nice; not open on Sats

Then of course you do have the mobile vets. Dr Sarah Lash .. i don't know her personally but know of people who use or used her in the past. She only does basic wellness/preventative tho -- doesn't do any surgery type things shld the need come.

14. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Have had dealings with Dr. Basden at Cleveland Animal hospital...Looooove her!!

Had dealings with Purr and Bark mobile vet...she is excellent and very caring! Very reasonable too!

My husband has dealt with Dr. Lash, she came out to his home to put his dogto sleep when she could no longer walk...very sweet...and this was before she was a mobile vet..

Lots of good options!
    hope you find a great vet soon!

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We love Dr. Regina with Purr & Bark Mobile Vet. She used to work at Magnolia Animal Hospital in Raleigh and left there to start her own mobile clinic, thats where we first worked with her on health issues for one of my cats.

She listens well, asks all the right questions, gives superior customer service in returning phone calls and/or emails. She also is connected with an online vet pharmacy (Vetcentric) , and doesn't mind calling meds into the local drugstore if you find they are cheaper. I also love that I don't have to stress any of the *four-legged children* with traveling to a vet and being in waiting rooms, etc.

http://www.purrandbarkvet.com/Home_Page.html

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

(thread hijack for a second) - Has Cleveland Animal Hospital moved yet, or are they still over by Food Lion?

17. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Stage Road. Very reasonable prices and a great kennel too.

18. jentile4

jentile4 Well-Known Member

I really liked Sara Lash. I used used for the first time recently.

19. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Dr. Tristin Lamberton is a mobile vet as well.

http://www.cedarwoodmobilevet.embarqspace.com/

Unfortunately, we needed to use her to put our dog down in September, and I would not hesitate to recommend her. I wish that we had met her sooner.

20. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I think they are still by Food lion, but am looking forward to them moving into their new place!