A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to talk them out of high school class rings. ;)

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I went to walmart online and tried to pull up her school but they didn't have it. Anyway the ring was ordered today and not as much as we first thought. She graduates December 18 so Merry Christmas to her!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Funny, it's pretty much crickets chirping in the political forum tonight. :lol:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Don't think it is that funny, but the handwriting has been on the wall for a while.

I will leave it at that.

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

This tomato basil soup from progresso is the BOMB

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you just walked in the door and you're already complaining? ughhhh.....do us all a favor and just go back to the parking lot and get in your car and go home....:roll:

people that complain all the time about everything, get on my nerves.:evil:

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: its sad that some people can so miserable about everything.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree: 2

negativity = :ack::ack:

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Anybody ever tried Sweet Tomatoes before? I've passed by it a time or two, but never have tried it. I noticed their Chicken Pot Pie Stew with a buttermilk biscuit dropped in it and it looked delicious!

10. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

It's good if you are in the mood for salads, bread, pasta and soup. The muffins are good. There usually isn't any meat unless it's chicken for the salad. They also have an ice cream bar, but it's not real ice cream. Taste like cardboard.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What kind of pricing do they have? Is it a pay-one-price food bar or strictly menu ordering? As for the meat, I can take or leave it. During the week, I don't eat a lot of meat.

12. smellarat

Personally, I've always thought is was a little pricey for a glorified salad bar. It is one price, no separate menu. There is a discount for kids. For lunch, the price of the salad bar/buffet for an adult plus a drink comes close to $10 per person. I haven't been there in months so things could have changed. Although you go through the line like at a cafeteria, you still have a waiter/waitress so you also need to leave a tip. (Kind of like at Golden Corral I guess)

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

The only thing I've ever had from Sweet Tomatoes is there chicken noodle soup...and it was amazing! My sis brought me some when I was in the hospital a couple of years ago. It was the only thing I ate for almost a week! :)

14. smellarat

Yes, they do have good soup. I've tried the chicken noodle and shrimp bisque.

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

All I asked to be treated like a professional because I act like one! Grrr....

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

They have coupons every week in the paper and there are also Bogo's in the Entertainment book. It's over priced without them, its not bad with them. I would rate the food as a little healthier alternative to the Golden Corral salad bar. The salad bar part is bigger, but the real food section is much smaller. They have several soups (someone else mentioned the chicken noodle - I agree) and a few other items. No steak, but you wont leave hungry.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They also have baked potatoes and toppings, a pasta dish, mac & cheese. My inlaws like to go there, so I go on occasion with them. They offer a senior discount too.

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Part of the reason I don't go is the lack of meat. I usually do leave some what hungry as I'm not a monster salad type person and soup just doesn't fill me up, unless I mix in a sleeve of saltines crumbled up into the bowl so it looks more like a goolosh than actual soup.

19. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

ready to give up or explode. haven't decided on which yet

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Look for a coupon in the Sunday paper. That's the only time I go, and I go for lunch - even cheaper.