FL dropped the ball.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Oct 26, 2010.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray: :iagree: x 10!!

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I'm a vegetarian.
    Except for fish.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Oh, and chicken.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I forgot about beef.....

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

And a little pork too....I guess I'm not a vegetarian. Carry on.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree. It was nice to have a civil discussion with differing opinions :cheers:

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

We did behave didn't we! lol...:cheers:

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hogwash, you forgot to call me a young whipper snapper. lol

I admit it has been a loooong time since I really bought meat at FL. I bought some chicken years ago - stuff to throw on a grill, and was sorely disappointed.

I did buy some of their whole chickens a while back when they were 49 cents a lb. Maybe the brand makes a difference? I bought some skinless/boneless chicken there yesterday and I stocked up today since it is half off and I tested it out last night. I RARELY buy steak, I buy it at BJ's because it is always priced right and good.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dang, really? I had it backwards. I assumed if I bought it in the roll it was packaged elsewhere and fewer people touched it.

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

If you want a good steak for a decent price, you need to try the Flat Iron steaks (and they come pre-packaged at FL)!!! Seriously, thats about all we buy now (esp when they're on sale). The nice thing is you don't need one steak per person, I usually buy a decent sized one and me, dh and ds can all eat from ONE steak! Esp when you throw in a potato and salad. DH likes them cause they're kinda thicker in the middle, so it cooks med well on the ends (for me) and med rare in the middle (for him). We think its the 'perfect' steak. We've had several couples over to eat and they all loved them. I just rub some Montreal steak seasoning and a smokey chili rub on it - yummy!!! :lol:

11. Sydney

Sydney Well-Known Member

I believe it. I avoid the 42 Food Lion b/c everything there is ALWAYS expired. Years ago, I bought a can of Campbells chicken and barley (or something like that) soup that was a few months old.

Then, I used to buy Indian foods in the ethnic section b/c I like the "gulab jamun" desserts they sold. When I bought them a year ago, they were still good, but they expired in June of this year and I still saw it in the store in August. Don't know if it is still there now.

They are doing this purposely to save money, so disgusting!

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

we grill it - usually about 15-20 min ea side. I have cooked it on my grill pan inside - but wasn't as good.