Child Custody Attorney Needed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by meanreen, Nov 2, 2010.

1. meanreen

meanreen Well-Known Member

I have read through trying to see if I could find any good recommendations for a good child custody Attorney. There were several but none recent. I am trying to help a friend. She has a child and never married the father. He has very little contact with the child. The father has been in and out of prison and she has moved on with her life since becoming a Mother. She lives in fear that one day he will not return the child after a visit. She needs to get custody of the child for his protection. She needs a good Attorney that will work with her. Would like to st up a appointment for a consultation and go from there. I know you use to could get one with a reasonable consultation fee but not sure how it works now. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Scott Johnson, of The Mast Law Firm was my absolute saving grace during an ugly divorce, and an uglier custody agreement. I do not think I would have made it through without him.

http://www.mastschulz.com/

3. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

she needs to STOP the visits until something is in writing- (why would she allow them anyway?)

4. meanreen

I agree, but she was trying to be a good Mom and let him see his Dad (who could care less). It is his Mother (her Son can do no wrong type) that would always want to see him. She was trying to be fair. The child is 8 now.

5. meanreen

Thank you for the recommendation, I have called him.

6. 2GreatKids

2GreatKids Guest

Just out of curiosity, when Scott Johnson was your attorney, who was the opposing attorney? He is my attorney now and he is doing a good job but I was just wondering?

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

LOL There have been quite a few! I don't remember to be honest.