Ashley's Furniture

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I passed by them yesterday on 70 and saw a 'GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE' sign.

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I saw it a couple of days ago also, and was surprised. There was a story in the N&O about it yesterday.

3. I heard their prices were jacked up.

4. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Its not just the prices but its the delivery charges too! I bought a new bedroom set back in April the Ashley furniture in Clayton wanted to charge me $300 to deliver and set it up! $300!!! Well the set that I got wasnt being made anymore so they didnt have it even after they said that they did, so I called the one in Morehead City ( which had it ) and they delivered it to my house and set it all up for $50!

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

We got an ad from the company running the GOOB sale, that said it was a bankruptcy sale.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

W T H is a GOOB sale?? :allears:

7. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

Going Out Of Business?

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

LOL...yup. :lol:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That's a GOOBG sale......gheesh

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

From I've heard through the grapevine (for what that's worth) they have actually been going out of business now for almost a year and have finally hit the end of the road so to speak.

11. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Isn't this their bankruptcy liquidation sale?

12. harleygirl

:lol:

:oops: (I had BOGO on the brain)

I always wondered WHY in the world they would put an furniture store there? I've never been and every time I've gone by it looked basically empty with no customers. Location sucked if you ask me.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Tax breaks, really

14. harleygirl

And when they close, we've got a big ugly empty BOX in the middle of a field! :boxing:

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I think they used it as a distribution center for other stores. The actual store was just a small part of the building.

As for someone else mentioning the empty building. It seems to me that some of these furniture stores go out of business annually. It's as if it's part of their business model. Hopefully they will reappear or show up with a new name after the liquidators are finished with them.

16. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Has anyone been in there to see if the sales were any good? I've been intending to stop but haven't yet.

17. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Dat bees funny

18. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

I've been by there...They are still HIGH!

19. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We were shopping for furniture 1 1/2 yrs ago and found them to be very expensive for the quality of furniture they carried. They also couldn't deliver the furniture right away and we were not impressed with their Customer Service. We ended up going with Home Comfort Furniture on Capital Blvd and were very pleased.

20. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

I agree with Home Comfort. We like them as well. Sales Men/Women were not pushy and following us around the store.