AT&T Cell Reception?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CrzyForBaseball, Nov 5, 2010.

1. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

Contract is coming up on Sprint and we're getting rid of it becasue of bad reception. We live in the McGee's Crossroads area. Does anyone have cell service with AT&T in this area and how is your signal, calls, etc? The coverage map looks good, but maps and actual results are not always the same.

Also, for anyone with service here, do you have an iPhone 4 and how is your data service in this area? Call reception also?

Thanks

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

My att stinks in clayton. (NO signal at my house!!) But they just put the radio tower up and I heard ATT was going to rent space on the top. I have not verified.

3. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I live in the Mcgees area also, and we have AT&T...love the service
    We get good reception everywhere EXCEPT inside my home and a couple of low valleys but rarely drop a call...
    I have the Samsung Impression, but am getting the iphone soon...

4. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I have AT&T and live in Clayton, and my service has always been excellent.

5. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I have AT&T and live in the Smithfield/Clayton area. I travel up 210 from Crantock Road to McGee's Crossroads quite a bit and have no problems with service.

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I am down little creek and it is fine until I turn in my subdivision. There are always cars parked at the end of the subdivision trying to finish their conversations! I wonder why?

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I have no problems with AT&T service in Clayton, or anywhere I go around here. I have a Samsung Captivate. Love it!

8. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Must be my house!! No one has a signal here, daughter has the new Iphone... nothing!

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I think you're not far from me, wonder what the problem is?

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

You need to come over and see if your phone works here. I have had to walk down the road to check if I have any texts!

11. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I live in the mcgee's area and I have sprint and I have never had a problem anywhere with my service.

12. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

we live in mcgees area w/ATT and don't have much problems. I have more trouble in other areas of JOCO with phone and XM radio

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My phone worked @ your house.
    We got Verizon.

WEIRD!

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

LJK's phone might be of a different model (big difference) or the software might not be up-to-date (I have found this also makes a big difference).

P.S. Can you tell I am bored writing this report I am supposed to complete? Hour 2 in an anticipated 4 hours of bliss.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yeah I figured as much! :lol::lol:
    Sounds like a blast! :ack: :mrgreen:

16. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I live in a rural part of clayton and have AT&T with the iphone 4 and love it! Reception is always excellent, sounds perfect. Data service is amazing as well.. Sometimes it gets slow if i'm in a certain area of my house, but slow spots are expected and i dont feel its anything to complain about.. i just redirect my phone or move and it speeds up.

17. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I have the 3GI and Daughter has the 4G iphone.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't help more. I use Verizon but I saw individual phones and software updates impact their service.

19. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have the palm pixi now, but even my other phone did fine. My my house is the only place I still don't get service, just texting is all I can do over there.

20. rwilkerson

rwilkerson Active Member

ATT loses coverage in a lot of places around Joco. Verizon on the other hand does not. I've been in MANY more places with VZW and have been able to hold a conversation or transmit data then any other network.