lock your car doors

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by emismom, Nov 11, 2010.

1. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

last night my car was gone thru make sure you lock your doors i think they were looking for money etc.. because the glove box, center console and ash tray were opened nothing was taken. usually i look my doors everynight but i forgot to lastnight

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually this is often the first step in the identity theft process. Just thinking of all the personal information in your glove box.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I hope you filed a police report, sounds like they could've gotten some prints if all those areas were touched!

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

According to news reports, cars parked in church parking lots are being broken into during evening services. How common is that? I mean, busting out windows to get inside. I'm beginning to think you're better off removing everything and leaving the dern doors unlocked.

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Good point!

:cheers:

6. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Don't leave anything valuable in your car. Locking the doors only helps if the thief doesn't break your window to get in. I know because this has happened to me twice.

7. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

Do you live an apartment or condo complex, or was the car in a driveway in a private residence?

8. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

i live in a subdivison i noticed last night that almost all of my neighbors had thier lights on around thier houses. so im thinking that they must have went thru thier cars also

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If the doors are left unlocked and the thief gets in and does damage to the vehicle then the insurance company will not cover the damages. However if the doors are locked they will cover damages.

10. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Burglars scare me to death! The house on one side of me has been broken into and just the other night the neighbors on the other side had their car broken into. I was also reading in the news that a local family was held hostage while several people burglarized their home. All I think is when is it our turn? I just don't feel safe any where any more. I just hope that if someone does break in, they only want to steal stuff and not hurt me or my family. I just keep everything locked up and pray for protection!

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Bless your heart, you sound just like my MIL.

12. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :) The fear definitely doesn't stop me from doing the things I want to do, but when houses on both sides of you have been burglarized, you start to wonder why they skipped you're house and if they'll be back! I'm also a mom who worries more about her children than herself. When I lived in this house pre-kids, I never worried.....go figure.

13. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

True!

14. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

from WTSB

Suspect Linked By Deputies To 13 Break-Ins
    Authorities say they have solved 13 break-ins with the arrest of a 25 year-old Johnston County man. Jason V. Jenkins of Applewhite Road, Wendell was arrested by sheriff’s detectives on Thursday and charged with breaking into numerous sheds, outbuildings, and cars in the past several months. Most occurred in the Clayton and Cleveland (Highway 40/42) areas. Jenkins was jailed under a $205,000 bond, after being served with 18 warrants.

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

A woman who lives alone can always do a few little things around the house to hopefully ward off an intrusion. Get a giant dog food bowl outside and a big tie out stake with a thick chain attached to it. Go to a thrift store and find some Size 14 work boots and maybe get a box of shotgun shells and leave them on the porch in plain view. The main thing is making a would-be burglar or robber think twice.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Lord knows that women who don't live alone are really good at it....