EVO or BB Style

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Nov 12, 2010.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey guys, need some advice. Got the new Samsung Tranform and absolutely hate it. Now i have to go back in the next few days to exchange it free before my 30 days are up and i have narrowed it down to 2 phones pretty much. Anyone have any experience with either the new EVO or BB Style or do have another phone you love. i have Sprint service so i am limited to their phones. Thanks

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm using the HTC Hero (refurb for $79 and didn't have to upgrade or renew a contract), which has some of the Android apps on it. I ain't gonna lie, the learning curve like to have killed me, but now that I am used to it, I like it a lot. I still almost wish I had stuck with a BB, but I really like the larger screen. :cheers: Sprint here too.

3. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

I'm on Verizon and a couple months ago got the HTC Droid Incredible. It's a great phone with all it's bells & whistles, but I couldn't stand it. It's similiar to the Evo, the Evo is just bigger. I didn't like touch screen, didn't like having to "unlock" the screen each time a message came. Don't need all those apps. The battery life is awful!!! Since my 30 days was over, I sold it on Craigslist and bought a brand new BB at retail. So happy now to have BB back! My husband absolutely LOVES his Incredible. If you depend on email mostly, BB is the way to go.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The style looks alot like the Lotus/Lotus Elite you used to have, but with the convience of the BB apps. And honestly that would be my choice between the two, but then again I'm familar with the BB since I'm provided with one through work. And you can get it in purple as well.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, the battery is the pits on mine. But once I learned to turn off some of the power sucking apps, like the constant weather, it's better. BB was definitley better on that.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hehehe, you know me well:lol::lol::lol: the thing i like about the EVO is the large screen, the capability to actually hook up hdmi cord from phone to tv to play videos i record or pics, the 4g is available in Raleigh and that sounds great. i have never had a BB either and i saw the style and liked it for the same reasons you listed but just wish for a bigger screen. On the EVO i am worried about not having a regular keyboard, never had one without a keyboard. Decisions decisions:cry:

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yeah i read that on one of the comparision sites and supposedly it is because of all the extras you can do or you can get an upgraded battery too i saw.

8. cece

cece Well-Known Member

9. CraigSPL

BTW...everyone I have ever talked to says that the BB is the BEST smart phone when in comes to intergration with your business/work.

I know several people that have bought one of the Driod phones only to go back and trade it in for one of the various BBs or they have gone out and bought a seperate BB to conduct business with and kept the Droid as a personal phone. I'm actually holding out on getting a new one through work, till Sprint picks up their version of the Torch which should be a couple of months from what I am told from our business account rep.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

wish i could wait but i only have a few more days to turn this one in under the 30 days try period. As for business vs personal, this is my personal. Come on Craig, counting on my local geek to lead the right way:grouphug:

11. CraigSPL

Honestly I'd go with the style, but that is mainly because I'm familiar with the BB's. As for 3g vs. 4g, at this point it isn't going to matter as the 4g network isn't large enough to make the speed difference noticable.

As a side note I usually get about 2.5 days out a single charge of my work BB, and I use it for texting, e-mail and most of my phone calls work and personal along with a few other apps.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  12. face_down

face_down Guest

I had a BB Curve and went to the HTC Hero last year and the Andriod software blows away anything BB can deliver. Traded up for the EVO 2 weeks ago and it is the best phone ever!! Go with the EVO.

13. jcongdon1

jcongdon1 Active Member

Get the EVO with the Seidio extended battery and you will have a phone like no other! :)

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If you loved your purple phone then you should either order or go to a sprint store that has the LG Lotus Elite like mine. The improvements with the touch screen on the front are nice and I really like mine.

15. tatorgirl

tatorgirl Active Member

I have the Samsung Epic and absolutely love it. It has the large screen so I can read it and the slide out keyboard. Pus it's a Droid so there are a ton of apps available. My hubby has a BB and he's looking at switching due to the Epic now works with corporate email and has a screen and keyboard he can see.