School letter--??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

KDC all I am saying is they feel they have a good reason, in order to find that out you have to ask them. Assuming it is another stupid rule is nuts, I would tell any parent who recieved this note to call and ask why what is the reason. Most little ones who are taught not to share certain items with anyone will make a slip one time or another. As we all know little one are more sharing than bigger children and adults. It's in their nature, they're sweet.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Please note that I asked about 3 pages ago WHAT that reason is and NOWHERE did I advocate that anyone break a rule. And I'm sorry, I am assuming it's another STUPID rule designed to aggravate people who know better than to do whatever it is that caused the rule to be made up in the first place. Punishing many because a few are apparently raised by wolves. Typical, let's make a blanket rule rather than deal with the source of the issue. Banning chapstick for Pete's sake. <shaking my head>

3. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

but...but...but.... I belong to the church of chapstickology....it is my right to have.... :jester::jester::jester::jester:

<running....> bad joke 8)

4. Grammie

No one knows why because no one has called the school yet. I didn't say you agreed that anyone should break rules, I think that was another post. And I totally agree with you, go after the ones who caused the problem (if that is what happened) do not take it out on the entire school. Believe me if it turns out to be completely stupid and done out of stupidity I will be with you all the way. The only point I was trying to make, and you even asked the question, is why. Before everyone gets upset by something that might or might not be stupid. And you may be right it just might be something else to annoy the heck out of people. Well I have to go to work now and deal with those jerks coughing and sneezing all over and not cover their mouths.

5. Grammie

Hey I carry mine where ever I go its my best friend lol

6. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I might be reading your post incorrectly, but it seems pretty judgemental to call parents who don't teach their kids not to share chapstick "wolves." Just because they don't have the exact same rules you do in your household, doesn't make them undomesticated. I agree that there are too many rules aimed at the few that end up affecting the whole, but I can't imagine that "a few" kids bringing chapstick to school caused the school to make this rule. I hope that it's something more than a few.

7. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

:lol: Good one!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was speaking of kids in general who aren't raised with rules and boundries regarding polite and generally socially acceptable behavoir. I see them all too frequently due to some organizations we volunteer with.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I had to reiterate to Thing I last winter not to share chapstick/gloss etc. She got off the bus in the afternoon and was so excited to tell me how Patty Petrie Dish shared her sparkle gloss with her. Thank goodness I handled it so that chaptick and gloss was not outlawed on the bus. Thing I is one of those lip lickers in the winter, it drives me nuts. She looks like Bozo the Clown with a big ole red ring around her mouth. AFAIK chapstick is allowed at our school.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Patty Petrie Dish..................!!! :lol::lol::lol:

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

your cap lock button maybe sticking a little bit

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No, it's working JUST fine, but thank you for your concern. 8)

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

no problemo

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have never ever heard this rule! Weird!

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You beat me to it, I was about to ask about pierced chapstick.

Actually it was going to be worse but that is about as family friendly as I can make it.

16. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

my son has to wash his hands a lot because he is diabetic and they looked like hamburger last year. had to write a note (thank goodness, not a doctor's note!!) allowing him to have his own lotion at school. same for wipes. and sanitizer. so I would assume if he needed chapstick, i'd have to do the same.
    i used to teach an older grade and girls would share everything-hairbrushes, make-up, lip gloss :)ack:). you'd be amazed. it is sad that it has come to this.

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

101.5 was talking about this on their morning show today - and, apparently they've gotten wind of 4042.com as they quoted 'belonging to the church of chapstickology' :lol:

18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Maybe they should invent anti-viral formula chapstick?

19. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

I'm sure they were just checking to see if they are being bashed on here and stumbled on the thread.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

101.5 Bash ahead..... It's not even December - WHY the Christmas Music????